Campagnolo discs?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cerro

by cerro

mvacolnago wrote:I have been using a set of these Juin Tech R1's on my cx bike (SR-11) king/enve wheels. They are pretty amazing, close as straight hydro that I have found

http://www.edgesportsuk.com/store/index ... -road.html

Those looks pretty good. Can't Campagnolo come with hydraulic brakes soon? ;)

Miller

by Miller

Miller wrote:To answer my own question the likely contender is Novatec D772.

I went with Novatec D712 in fact, all that the D772 adds is interchangeable end caps to allow for QR or thru-axle.

The situation was that I had a wheel with a failed and always troublesome D712 hub so it seemed simplest to swap out the hub and keep spokes and rim. A correspondence with Bdop cycling assured me that the D712 hub was improved over the older version I had where there was slightly less than zero clearance between the largest sprocket and the spoke heads - they touched. In the photo below I compare old and new, new is the clean one obviously. You can see that the driveside flange has been moved inboard by about 1mm to open up clearance between spokes and cassette.

That's good but with an 11sp cassette mounted I am less than impressed by the minimal projection of the axle locknut beyond the cassette lockring outer face. I don't think there's enough clearance. Why can't hub manufacturers get a simple thing like this correct, do they not use their own products? It's annoying.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

reippuert

by reippuert

bm0p700f wrote:I have record 10 speed and tektro hyrd calipers on 160mm rotors. I use compressionless casing. There is no lever throw issue i pull the lever and the brakes work very well indeed. There is enough braking torque and these brake saved my bacon earlier this year. Simply wonderful. If you do have lever pull issues it is down to the brake setup or how else i have i got mine working. I did not set mine up with the arm locked in position either.

Just bulid the same setup HY/RD & 10-speed Campy's - would initially have used my 10 speed shifters to the old rim brake bikeroad bike, and moved my new 2015 11-speed chorus to the new disc bike but lever throw with the HY/RD's and 2007 Campy shifters just works out ou th box without any tweking (replaced the brake cables with new DureAce cales though.

The 10-speed Campy shifters also works with a SRAM X0 RD and an 10 speed XTR casette which gives me a super wide 50/34-11/36 gearing.
--
mvh. Morten Reippuert Knudsen @Merlin Works CR, Chorus 15, Reynolds 46/66