HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 459 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 31  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:15 pm
Posts: 125
Re-read an interview by Davide Fumagalli on the c-59. Seems that many of the changes on the c-60 are being driven by the disc- brake option.

_________________
Colnago C-59 Italia PR99 colour schema
Shimano Ultegra 6800
Shimano Dura Ace C-24

Trek 5200
Shimano Ultegra 6500
Mavic krysium Elite


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:26 am 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:45 am 
Offline
Shop Wrench
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:30 am
Posts: 78
Location: Gloucester, UK
Zakalwe - no, haven't seen an example of the traditional yet

They are going for the Saronni Red Art Decor!

regards

ianSWBB

_________________
www.southwestbikebuilders.co.uk

https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-We ... 4745587802


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:03 pm 
Offline
Formerly known as wassertreter

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:08 am
Posts: 1909
Location: Pedal Square
The C60 [...] is arguably flawed but almost completely perfect because of that

Maybe ... but what is the flaw? Weight? Thought we already established that pros are not (often?) riding the sub-800g layup version of the frames.

_________________
Bikes: Raw Ti, 650b flatbar CX


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:49 am
Posts: 946
Location: Kingston, the heart of UK weenie-ism
I'm not sure I'll be giving up my EPS for a C60, unless I find £4k down the back of the sofa.

Also that reviewer is a cock: "In 2007, the first time I interviewed him, he expressed concern over the then-current industry race to build a sub-1,000-gram frame..." Uh huh. We had sub 1kg frames in the late nineties. But they were Coke can alu and had rider weight limits of 75kg.

_________________
My EPS: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=72682


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:15 pm
Posts: 125
wassertreter wrote:
The C60 [...] is arguably flawed but almost completely perfect because of that

Maybe ... but what is the flaw? Weight? Thought we already established that pros are not (often?) riding the sub-800g layup version of the frames.


I think he was saying that on an individual characteristic or check list basis he might be inclined to scream flaw, but on aggregate the flaws cancel each other out or somehow come together to produce something really great. I could be reading into it, but it's like a beautiful woman, might have flawed features but somehow when you look at the whole , you are awed.

I was more struck by how we talked about how the c-60 was better , at least stiffer than the c-59, but then admits he had no complaints against the c-59.

These reviews are always meant to convince owners of previous generations that what they have is inferior or obsolete, which is not always true. The way I read the review and press on the c-60 is that it's a great bike, that colnago took the design seriously but that this is an exercise in choosing what combination of riding traits to offer. Looks to me they sought out to build a stiffer bike and toned down it's plushness. I've never ridden my c-59 and notice flex or felt I wasn't delivering output efficiently nor have I heard a reviewer faulting the c-59 in that regard, but now that the c-60 is out, that's an issue.

_________________
Colnago C-59 Italia PR99 colour schema
Shimano Ultegra 6800
Shimano Dura Ace C-24

Trek 5200
Shimano Ultegra 6500
Mavic krysium Elite


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:53 am
Posts: 271
I get that crappy Bicycling magazine sent to my house for free. It's clearly a shill rag full of terrible ads and articles designed to pitch new products rather than give honest, unbiased reviews. It's one of those wack jobs that reviews all sorts of bikes. Lately they've been fluffing Pinarello to the max, and it's clear why - the thing is loaded with about 6 pages of Pinarello ads.

All the previous gen Colnagos are sweet, I still want one of each!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 183
The guy obviously believes his own Schtick that he's a "writer" first, reviewer second.

Of course the 59 is still a great bike, but they can't sell it forever - just like the Ferrari F355 will always be a great car no matter how good an F458 is today.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:15 pm
Posts: 125
tinozee wrote:
I get that crappy Bicycling magazine sent to my house for free. It's clearly a shill rag full of terrible ads and articles designed to pitch new products rather than give honest, unbiased reviews. It's one of those wack jobs that reviews all sorts of bikes. Lately they've been fluffing Pinarello to the max, and it's clear why - the thing is loaded with about 6 pages of Pinarello ads.

All the previous gen Colnagos are sweet, I still want one of each!


So it's like car and driver, motor trend , road & track etc...

_________________
Colnago C-59 Italia PR99 colour schema
Shimano Ultegra 6800
Shimano Dura Ace C-24

Trek 5200
Shimano Ultegra 6500
Mavic krysium Elite


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:14 pm
Posts: 1243
rico wrote:
I'm not sure I'll be giving up my EPS for a C60, unless I find £4k down the back of the sofa.

Look harder @rico, it's in there somewhere :wink: And who said you have to give up your EPS. Keep it. The matte carbon weave is gorgeous.

tinozee wrote:
All the previous gen Colnagos are sweet, I still want one of each!
:beerchug:

@fromtrektocolnago: By virtue of your username, I assume you're a recent convert to Colnago? Welcome to a land of obsessive drooling and want, where one Colnago is never enough it seems. I sold my C40 in order to get my first C50 in the belief I couldn't every justify having TWO bicycles like that in my garage just for me. I got over it, and wish I'd never sold the C40. Your less than a year old C59 is a fine bicycle and will be for years to come. But the C60 to my eyes has incorporated some really big changes, not just for the disc version which, is still relegated to "rain bike" status in my mind. Not sure how much bigger the tubes can get though. I can't wait to see one for real. I think it will have the same appeal as the C59 did upon it's introduction. Which is amazing in itself.

_________________
My Colnago C59
My Special Colnago EPQ


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 11:34 am
Posts: 310
Location: Dubai, UAE
Does anybody know if there will be more choices on colour ways for the C60 than is currently showing on the Colnago official webpage?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:33 pm 
Offline
Shop Wrench
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:30 am
Posts: 78
Location: Gloucester, UK
lone wheeler

There are 12 colour schemes for the new C60


regards
ianSWBB

_________________
www.southwestbikebuilders.co.uk

https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-We ... 4745587802


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:17 am
Posts: 6
Thanks Ian!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:08 pm
Posts: 194
Zakalwe wrote:
The guy obviously believes his own Schtick that he's a "writer" first, reviewer second.


In defense of Matt, because he's a great guy and if you met him in person you'd actually quite like him, writing a "real review" off of one two-hour ride on foreign roads and foreign wheels would be far more disingenuous than pulling together the sort of piece he wrote, which was simply wrapping the relevant details into a nicely written story.

The real reviews will come later.

_________________
VeloNews Magazine/VeloNews.com tech
Contact always welcome - http://velonews.competitor.com/author/cfretz / cfretz at competitorgroup dot com.
Twitter: @CaleyFretz


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:15 pm
Posts: 125
Calnago wrote:
rico wrote:
I'm not sure I'll be giving up my EPS for a C60, unless I find £4k down the back of the sofa.

Look harder @rico, it's in there somewhere :wink: And who said you have to give up your EPS. Keep it. The matte carbon weave is gorgeous.

tinozee wrote:
All the previous gen Colnagos are sweet, I still want one of each!
:beerchug:

@fromtrektocolnago: By virtue of your username, I assume you're a recent convert to Colnago? Welcome to a land of obsessive drooling and want, where one Colnago is never enough it seems. I sold my C40 in order to get my first C50 in the belief I couldn't every justify having TWO bicycles like that in my garage just for me. I got over it, and wish I'd never sold the C40. Your less than a year old C59 is a fine bicycle and will be for years to come. But the C60 to my eyes has incorporated some really big changes, not just for the disc version which, is still relegated to "rain bike" status in my mind. Not sure how much bigger the tubes can get though. I can't wait to see one for real. I think it will have the same appeal as the C59 did upon it's introduction. Which is amazing in itself.


One Colnago will have to enough for me. I still have my 5200 which I use as a back-up. I actually enjoy both but for different reasons. If I had not bought my c-59 would certainly look at the c-60. That said, in the year that I've been riding it putting on a a few thousand miles, I never once thought the bike was insufficiently stiff or that the bottom bracket wasn't translating energy to distance, so don't think I'll start thinking that now. Again very impressive bike, but I do think the c-60 represents a different set of riding attributes than the c-59 in that they dialed up rigidity and toned down the plushness.

_________________
Colnago C-59 Italia PR99 colour schema
Shimano Ultegra 6800
Shimano Dura Ace C-24

Trek 5200
Shimano Ultegra 6500
Mavic krysium Elite


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:22 pm
Posts: 363
Location: Bristol uk
My new c59 ad10 will be here this week,thats the second c59 I have had.
I am going to order a c60 but for the meantime I want to enjoy my ad10 when it comes.

_________________
COLNAGO C59 AD10

VOLVO FH 12 480 BHP


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:02 am 


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 459 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 31  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CrossRob, QCarbon, Yahoo [Bot] and 80 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. The end of an era for Colnago :(

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in Road

ianSWBB

26

5736

Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:31 am

LionelB View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Another Colnago C60 or...?

[ Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ]

in Road

lUcIfEr

65

4291

Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:25 pm

GT56 View the latest post

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Colnago V1-r

in Road

bikewithnoname

1

430

Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:10 pm

5 8 5 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Colnago C60 with EPS.

in Road

oakleaf

1

766

Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:46 pm

ianSWBB View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Colnago Master

in Road

GregSherwin

3

861

Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:43 pm

stella-azzurra View the latest post


It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:44 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB