Colnago C60 when will it be?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

stang1

by stang1

I can vouch for what ianSWBB Said in regards to C60 in production. I went into my colnago dealer today and got the exact some reply , that the C60 is going to be in a soft production, until the tour has started and c60 showcased. There will be small availability , but according to my dealer; " anyone that orders a c59 after 2013 Christmas will be unable to. "

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

legs11 - have had confirmation this morning, that at least the 2014 line of C60 will be made in Italy
and also can confirm they are BB30

calnago - have scoured the workshop for a set of 25mm! but can't find any - so I dropped in a set of 23mm
there's not a lot of space
can't work out how to post photos here!!
So have posted them on a FB album
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.559758447441761.1073741826.144964745587802&type=3

Let us know if you need more photos or info

regards
ianSWBB

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

stang1

not heard of this " anyone that orders a c59 after 2013 Christmas will be unable to. "
Have just checked, and this isn't the case in the UK - expect to be able to order until at least the publication of the 2015 Colnago range (Normally 1 July)

regards
ianSWBB

LionelB

by LionelB

ianSWBB wrote:legs11 - have had confirmation this morning, that at least the 2014 line of C60 will be made in Italy

calnago - have scoured the workshop for a set of 25mm! but can't find any - so I dropped in a set of 23mm
there's not a lot of space
can't work out how to post photos here!!
So have posted them on a FB album
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.559758447441761.1073741826.144964745587802&type=3

Let us know if you need more photos or info

regards
ianSWBB

This is not exactly what I would call a lot of space with a 23

LionelB

by LionelB

Calnago wrote: One of the niceties of the C59 is you can get the incremental sizes and not only have it fit perfectly, but get a perfectly balanced frame as well, versus a perfect "fit" but a wheelbase or headtube that is a bit too long or too short. That may be too much to ask though, in the age of fewer sizes to keep costs of manufacture and distribution down.

I think you are ready for a custom carbon frame

Mccaria

by Mccaria

BB30 will count me out. May have to get a C59 in the disc version before they stop production.

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

Mccaria

We're expecting the first Shimano Ultegra Di2 Hydraulic C59 Disc bikes at the end of Jan

(SRAM Hydro have all had to be switched over to their mechanical version for now :( )

No dates yet on anything from Campagnolo, although the TRP HY/RD have been popular with our Campy customers! you get a hydraulic caliper which is cable operated

Merry Xmas :D
ianSWBB

caballero

by caballero

Wow. That looks terrible.

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

No need to quote above

Coming from a c-59. what are the advantages/disadvantages of the current bottom bracket design vs bb30?.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

GonaSovereign

by GonaSovereign

fromtrektocolnago wrote:
Coming from a c-59. what are the advantages/disadvantages of the current bottom bracket design vs bb30?.

It's easier to put an oversized axle crankset into a bb30. For the manufacturer, bb30 is less expensive to produce and assemble for the most part. (This is more true of pf30, which allows for lower manufacturing tolerances and overcomes bb30's manufacturing challenges with plastic shims.) The end user needs to deal with the wave washers, creaks and short-lived bearings of bb30. Essentially, the manufacturer is downloading costs and problems to the end user.

I've applauded Colnago's willingness to try new stuff in the past, but they're going from bsa to bb30 for the same reason they outsourced most of the production to Taiwan: cost. The difference is Taiwan-made bikes are great, while bb30 is mostly crap.

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

GonaSovereign wrote:
fromtrektocolnago wrote:

It's easier to put an oversized axle crankset into a bb30. For the manufacturer, bb30 is less expensive to produce and assemble for the most part. (This is more true of pf30, which allows for lower manufacturing tolerances and overcomes bb30's manufacturing challenges with plastic shims.) The end user needs to deal with the wave washers, creaks and short-lived bearings of bb30. Essentially, the manufacturer is downloading costs and problems to the end user.

I've applauded Colnago's willingness to try new stuff in the past, but they're going from bsa to bb30 for the same reason they outsourced most of the production to Taiwan: cost. The difference is Taiwan-made bikes are great, while bb30 is mostly crap.

I think you are correct. Read some of this on some other sights, but the opinions were not unanimous. Market is overly obsessed with stiffness and grams not longevity or cost of ownership. I noticed Parlee has embraced press fit, and already noticed the CX zero was press fit, so had already suspected this was a direction the company was going in. Since I plan to keep my c-59 for many years, I guess I'll consider myself lucky as the bottom bracket was not in my thought process when making the purchase.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

ianSWBB wrote:legs11 - have had confirmation this morning, that at least the 2014 line of C60 will be made in Italy

At last a Colnago that I'd want to own 8)
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

tinozee

by tinozee

That new version of the logo (in pg 2 pic) is terrible. Is that for real or just a demo or something?

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Getting closer. This from Colnago Japan's facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stormp

by stormp

Hi guys. Yesterday I spoke to the retailer and they told me that c60 will be delivered for sale in the end of March, also the first c60 are made now but they haven't finished the paintings, so not even the retailers have seen the finished c60.
The main difference from the c59 is that the geometry has change into a sloping frame - or more sloping if you will.
The frames will still be build in Italy and constructed the same way as c59

BR Stormp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk