Colnago C60 when will it be?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
nobrakes71
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 11:12 pm

by nobrakes71

@ianSWBB - if possible, it would be great if you could take some pictures of a C60 and a C59 side by side (or a few from different angles) so we can compare and get a better feel for how chunky the tubes are.

@calnago - excuse my ignorance, but I'm curious: this 2014 C59 you are building is a MTBK colour right? Was this a special order colour, as when I was ordering my 2014 C59, this one wasn't available at all...

And yes, Colnago put the C59's back on their website - honestly, their marketing manager needs to get a grip on the situation there.

by Weenie


catbill
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:31 am

by catbill

I kind of give up on the Colnago web anyway. If C59 no longer offer traditional geometry, cant they just bloody delete the traditional geometry chart or put a note saying no longer available but for reference only. Wait a minute, no official announcement ever said that C59 traditional no longer available, right? :arrow: :noidea:

I guess it aint no matter anymore. We trust our dealers for the most update and accurate info and that's most essential of all. No customer deal with Colnago directly anyway.
Colnago C59 KOM
Colnago Extreme-C KOM
Ciocc Aquila Genius tubing
Colnago Master Olympic

geca
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:45 pm
Location: Denmark

by geca

Hi guys.
Today I received my new Colnago C60 frame size 50S. Very nice finish and for those of you who wants to now the weight it is as follows. 1220 gr. including bearings in the headtube which are pressed in from factory and also including the lugs (ThreadFit82.5), which are compatible for Pressfit 86,5 BB and also including the seat collar. The carbonfork came at 420 gr. uncut. Now I guess that both the frame and also my self are looking forward to see the frame be equiped with Campagnolo SR EPS groupset, Xentis Silverline wheels, Speedplay Zerro Ti pedals, Colnago (Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow saddle), stem, seatpost and handlebar.https://www.dropbox.com/s/uqrldwqa6ng22 ... adtube.JPG
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mbjfqd1sguc9v68/C60.JPG

User avatar
SalsaLover
Posts: 444
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:21 pm
Location: Zürich, Switzerland

by SalsaLover

nice !
Hucken The Fard Up !
Colnagos : C50 ST01 - Master 30th AD10 - C40 Mapei WC

User avatar
carbon2329
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:13 am
Location: Utah

by carbon2329

Can someone clarify something for me?
(this may have been address, but I must have missed it...I have read the entire thread...perhaps, not well enough :oops: )

--Are the frames both Electric & cable compatible (truly) :?:

The reason I ask is because on the Colnago website and the picture above, there is a cable-stop on the chainstay...but on other pictures, where there is an electric group, I do not see a cable stop, on the chainstay.

Please help.

(so are there two different frames (one electric and on Mechanical)?
I assume this is the case, but not seeing it written anywhere.

geca, your frame in the picture has a cable-stop on the chainstay, but you mention you will be putting on EPS. (so is there a slot that comes out the dropout for EPS???

nobrakes71
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 11:12 pm

by nobrakes71

@geco. This frame in this colour scheme is absolutely stunning.

Damn you! I was thinking of getting the Art Decor black one with the carbon showing, but after seeing your frame I'm not so sure now. Decisions, decisions.... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When are you planning to get this build up? We need riding reports and more pics! :beerchug:
Last edited by nobrakes71 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

markyboy
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:22 pm
Location: Bristol uk

by markyboy

@geco very nice indeed
COLNAGO C60 SUPER RECORD EPS
Pinarello f8 sram etap
Eddy merckx 69 ultegra disc winter bike

User avatar
carbon2329
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:13 am
Location: Utah

by carbon2329

markyboy,

Thank you for the info. So on the dual frame: is there an opening by the rear drop-out for the electric cable to exit?
I assume yes...

Just trying to get all the details, because the LBS doesn't seem to know much. (at all :roll: )

User avatar
carbon2329
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:13 am
Location: Utah

by carbon2329

I'd love pics, if it's not too much trouble.

geca
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:45 pm
Location: Denmark

by geca

carbon2329 wrote:Can someone clarify something for me?
(this may have been address, but I must have missed it...I have read the entire thread...perhaps, not well enough :oops: )

--Are the frames both Electric & cable compatible (truly) :?:

The reason I ask is because on the Colnago website and the picture above, there is a cable-stop on the chainstay...but on other pictures, where there is an electric group, I do not see a cable stop, on the chainstay.

Please help.

(so are there two different frames (one electric and on Mechanical)?
I assume this is the case, but not seeing it written anywhere.

geca, your frame in the picture has a cable-stop on the chainstay, but you mention you will be putting on EPS. (so is there a slot that comes out the dropout for EPS???



You can choose the Dual option or a frame only for Electronic groups. Reason why I choose Dual is because I guess it will be easier to sell if I want to sell the frame only.

geca
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:45 pm
Location: Denmark

by geca

nobrakes71 wrote:@geco. This frame in this colour scheme is absolutely stunning.

Damn you! I was thinking of getting the Art Decor black one with the carbon showing, but after seeing your frame I'm not so sure now. Decisions, decisions.... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When are you planning to get this build up? We need riding reports and more pics! :beerchug:


I guess that I will receive my Campy SR EPS group within next 2 weeks and the I will start to assembly the bicycle.
The colour is even nicer in the real world. :D
Of course I will show some pictures on the final results :)

geca
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:45 pm
Location: Denmark

by geca

carbon2329 wrote:markyboy,

Thank you for the info. So on the dual frame: is there an opening by the rear drop-out for the electric cable to exit?
I assume yes...

Just trying to get all the details, because the LBS doesn't seem to know much. (at all :roll: )


Hi Markyboy.

Yes there is an opening at the end of the chainstay for the Electronic rearderalieur :)

geca
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:45 pm
Location: Denmark

by geca

carbon2329 wrote:I'd love pics, if it's not too much trouble.

You can see the pics if you click on the dropbox links. Many other have seen them. :beerchug:

User avatar
Calnago
Posts: 5641
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:14 pm

by Calnago

nobrakes71 wrote:@calnago - excuse my ignorance, but I'm curious: this 2014 C59 you are building is a MTBK colour right? Was this a special order colour, as when I was ordering my 2014 C59, this one wasn't available at all...


@nobrakes71: Yes, it is the MTBK colour and it was a special order. A special order was the only way he could get a traditional and he really wanted the MTBK colour as well. He is very happy with it. Sometimes you get what you want... sometimes not. With all the posts in this thread about C59's being continued through 2017, or stopped now, or only sloping, etc. ... I don't know what to say. I don't know. I suspect they have some tubes and lugs still kicking around for C59's and if someone wants a C59 and they have the stuff still in stock to build it, they will. May take a while, a long while, especially assuming resources will be primarily devoted to getting the C60's out the door.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie


User avatar
ianSWBB
Shop Wrench
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:30 am
Location: Gloucester, UK
Contact:

by ianSWBB

A great afternoon at South West Bike Builders today

Got our hands on a C60 frameset - photos on our facebook page - just follow the link below

The Seat Tube and Down Tube are massive!!!!!

BB was interesting - a large hole with an alloy insert, with screw in cups, that will then house an 86mm pressfit BB!!

fork was the same as the C59 fork - double checked it!

can't wait to get one built up and test ridden now :D

regards

ianSWBB

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post