Colnago C60 when will it be?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

xplaza

by xplaza

Could you comment on pricing? Will it be sub-C59?

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

@fromtrektocolnago - yes, i think the art decor colour schemes are what most sets the colnago apart from many other brands!

@Zakalwe - yes, a shame - a bit surprising too, as Colnago have quite a large following who love the traditional over the sloping

@Montana - I've sent you a private message

@xplaza - they are going to be more expensive than the C59 - more like £4k, rather than the current £3k of the C59

regards
ianSWBB

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

I couldn't get those details whizzed over too, could I?

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

@fromtrektocolnago - yes,on pricing, Colnago appear to run on a yearly cycle - so at the end of the year, work out how many units they have sold, work out how much R&D costs they have recouped and then price for the next year
e.g first year of C59 was £4k, then £3.5k, now £3k
We don't have official weights in yet, but are expecting it to be just a few grams less than the C59, primarily due to the switch from English threaded BB Shell to BB30
As soon as we get the weights, we'll post them and then the real weights when the first batch arrive in the workshop

@Zakalwe - have sent you a private message :D

regards
ianSWBB

bdb

by bdb

ian - would love the details.

Thanks

vdrey

by vdrey

Can I have the details as well?

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

bdb, vdrey - have private messaged you

TimW

by TimW

ianSWBB wrote:@fromtrektocolnago - yes,on pricing, Colnago appear to run on a yearly cycle - so at the end of the year, work out how many units they have sold, work out how much R&D costs they have recouped and then price for the next year
e.g first year of C59 was £4k, then £3.5k, now £3k

regards
ianSWBB

Pedant part of me :-) I'm not sure that's quite right. I must have had one of the first C59's here in the UK (4 years this year!) and new and from official sources it cost under 3.5 (£3350 I think, must dig out receipt). Then it went up to £3.5 and now is down at £3k.

The second year was probably extra R&D cost to remove that stupid CHS logo from the top tube ;-)

Sad to see the sizing options have gone..I think it's getting ready for a move east.

kgt

by kgt

A Colnago without an horizontal top tube, without lugs and without many sizes is not that sexy IMHO.

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

kgt wrote:A Colnago without an horizontal top tube, without lugs and without many sizes is not that sexy IMHO.

Personally, I prefer non-sloping too, but for me that wasn't an option. I still chose Colnago over the other brands. My feeling is Colnago did no take this step lightly, conducted market research and determined that their customers will still come back. They may be right, for better or worse,sloping has certainly become the dominant standard.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

Just been informed that there will be the custom option for the new C60 - but only as a sloping geometry - and not a free for all on the geometry - it'll still have to be a C60 geometry! - but it does mean you can have 1cm increment sizes! - downside is that there will be a significant wait for custom frames :D

regards
ianSWBB

corky

by corky

No new Conago for me then..... ladies step through/mountain bikes might be modern but level TTs were something different that Colnago offered, now they are just ho hum.....

This retro grouch will enjoy his EP and look elsewhere for his next bike.

PS Ernesto(respectfully) you suck....

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

@fromtrektocolnago

no, it doesn't look like it
i asked the question and got a reply explaining how to fit an adapter into the BB30 shell!!
sorry

regards
ianSWBB

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

ianSWBB wrote:Just been informed that there will be the custom option for the new C60 - but only as a sloping geometry - and not a free for all on the geometry - it'll still have to be a C60 geometry! - but it does mean you can have 1cm increment sizes!
What does that mean? There is a "C60 geometry" for the off-the-shelf (i.e., non-custom) sizes. So is there one allowable geometry for each 1 cm increment size which is not off-the shelf? E.g., 46, 48, 50, 52, 54, 56, 58 available off-the-shelf in non-custom geometry and then there would be one available geometry for each of 47, 49, 51, 53, 55, 57, and that one geometry for each of those would only be available by custom order, with long wait time and perhaps upcharge to go with it, so that one cm increments will be available, but half (approximately) of them will only be available by "custom" order, and with no geometry modification possible at all? Or, for a given size, is there some geometry modification possible?

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

@HammerTime2

There will be standard off the shelf sizes - 42s, 45s, 48s, 50s, 52s, 54s, 58s, 60s

If you want to enter their custom build program, you can have one whatever size you like - e.g 53.1s or 54.8s etc etc etc

But even the custom build ones, will just be a scaled up/down version of the stock geometry
ie, it won't be full custom geometry, just custom sizing - so for example, you can't have a C60 made in the geometry of a Cervelo R5

Hope that makes some sort of sense!
And yes, there will be a long wait time (as stock production will take priority) and there will be a surcharge (don't know how much yet, but from previous experience, it's normally around
the 15% ish mark)

regards
ianSWBB

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com