Colnago C60 when will it be?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

topgun06

by topgun06

Looking good!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nobrakes71

by nobrakes71

and this is what he said about the ride

The most experienced RusVelo rider Sergey Klimov caught everybody’s eye in the famous one-day classic of Scheldeprijs. It was for the very first time that the Russian team used the latest masterpiece of maestro Ernesto Colnago in a race. Colnago C60 looks different, and you notice it at the very first glance; at the same time, the heritage is here, from color scheme to the frame geometry.

“There was hardly a team in the peloton, whose guys didn’t ride up to me, admiring the bike and asking some questions. Colnago C60 was a big heat from its first racing kilometers. In fact, I was riding the bike for the second time ever; it had arrived just two days before. The first leg-spinning pre-racing workout with a lot of warm clothes on didn’t tell me a lot; a race was quite another story. When you ride hard, the bike shows its true value, a thoroughbred made to race on. Scheldrprijs is characterized by a flat profile, so the first thing I felt clearly is the sharp acceleration out of the corner. The frame and fork are truly stiff and feel really light, perhaps again because it picks up a lot of speed so quickly. The new Colnago is stable and predictable in the turns, and there were many of them there. Colnagos are traditionally on good terms with the cobbles, and C60 forms no exception: although strictly speaking Scheldeprijs is not a cobbled classic, there was enough pave to see the potential of the bike there. Now I’m looking forward to testing my new machine in the mountains of Trentino, to discover other strong points of the new arrival”.

nobrakes71

by nobrakes71

I can't really decide which colour is nicer

the classic red one:

or the classic black one:

604carsten

by 604carsten

hmm,
having seen the C60 hanging at a local bike store here in CPH, I find the frame a bit ass ugly..

It pains me to say it as a Colnago fanboy and owner of an C59, EP, Dream, Titanio and a '70s Super; the C60 just looks chunky and ugly like a bastard child between a BMC and Colnago.. like somebody mentioned, its a 2x4 strapped to the Bottom bracket and chainstays are not lithe and classic looking but ending in dropouts that remind of me something from a sci-fi movie.. paintjob is great though!

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

IMHO the C60 makes the C59 look a whole lot more attractive in terms of frame design. I do however love the "Classic" C60 paint schemes
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

I am in Liege having just watched the finish of the Fleche Wallonne on the Mur de Huy. Cyril Gautier was on a C60, but I didn't spot any others - just the usual C59/M10s. I must admit the new Europcar livery looks so much better in 'real life'.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

The more I ride, the more I think Colnago is going in a direction that I can't follow. The trend toward stiffness has gone too far. If I get another bike, it would probably be custom Titanium built to approximate the feel of the c-59. The Custom Ti builders are building some beautiful looking bikes and the prices are more than competitive to what Colnago is charging on the c-60. That said, I love my C-59 and can't see parting with it.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

willy

by willy

@fromtrektocolnago...i did just that, had a custom firefly made, minor tweaks to a colnago based geometry...couldnt be happier.

tinozee

by tinozee

I bet the C60 traditional geo will look aresome in larger sizes. Large frames with traditional geos tend to look better with oversized tubes. Maybe it's just chunky looking in small/medium/sloping versions.

carbon2329

by carbon2329

can anyone post a picture of the rear seat-stays with a wheel mounted to see tire clearance.
(if someone does, please let us know what size tire is shown).

I didn't see anything like this in previous pages.

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

@carbon2329

Just seen your post - will take photo for you tomorrow :D

regards

ianSWBB

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@ianswbb: yes, I'd like to see that clearance too. Throw a 25mm tire in there for the photo if you can. I've just built a 2014 C59 with a C60 fork and there is clearance for a 25mm Veloflex Arrenberg, giving about the same clearance as my 2011 C59 does with a 23mm Veloflex Carbon. But still very minimal clearance at the rear brake bridge area.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

carbon2329

by carbon2329

It would be great to see front & rear clearance with a 25mm tire. Thanks :thumbup: :beerchug:

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

@Calnago
@carbon2329

I'm struggling to upload the photos onto WW - so have posted the folder on our facebook page - just click the link below

Photos are with a 23mm Michelin Pro4 Comp tyre, but there is plenty of room for the 25mm too!!

regards

ianSWBB

carbon2329

by carbon2329

Thanks for doing that. :thumbup: :beerchug:

That looks like good clearance for wide rims and larger tires.

I think I will be having one ordered next week. :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com