Colnago C60 when will it be?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ico

by ico

Does it mean that c60 has no traditional geo? Only sloping? In that case I'm better to find c59 as Colnago is my next frame.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

Hi ico

Yes, we are expecting the C60 to be sloping geometry only.
For the C59 for 2014, they are only making sloping to stock, traditional we have to have special ordered, but doable! :D

regards

ianSWBB

stormp

by stormp

Thats how I understood it. I will buy a c59 before c60 comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mccaria

by Mccaria

So that's a bb30 with a steeper slope than the current C59 ? When do they stop making the C59 ?!

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

stormp - good idea!!!

Mccaria - C59 will be available to order until at least the end of this season (Colnago season is weird though - it finishes on the 31 July each year!!)

regards
ianSWBB

stormp

by stormp

ianSWBB wrote:Hi ico

Yes, we are expecting the C60 to be sloping geometry only.
For the C59 for 2014, they are only making sloping to stock, traditional we have to have special ordered, but doable! :D

regards

ianSWBB

'
but in the future you wont be able to special order traditional geo?

ipaul

by ipaul

Always wrestled between a traditional 55 or 52s (56). If the traditional goes away, is there any chance a "51s" may be made? Just seems like without the traditional sizes, colnago loses the large range of size choices they were once known to offer.
:P

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

stormp

With the C59, you are safe!! both sloping and traditional sizes are available
With the C60, we are expecting to be sloping only

What we don't yet know, is whether Colnago will run the C59 for the 2015 season (1/7/14 - 31/7/15)

ipaul - we don't yet know if they will offer 1cm increment sizing on the C60
(I am speaking to Colnago next week, when they are back off holidays, and have various issues to discuss, so will pose this question for you)

regards
ianSWBB

Velonutter

by Velonutter

I read an interview sometime ago that Ernesto didn't feel that there was any need for BB30 if the design and build of the frame was right.

I have a couple of C59's and an M10, the M10 is a little stiffer and the C59 smoother and when compared to my old R5's with BBright there was certainly no flex in the Colnago's.

I heard that Ernesto's Nephew is having a greater role in the design of the frames, perhaps that is why for marketing purposes they have gone BB30, certainly if his nephew continues to interfere with some of the colour schemes like has has then the beautiful colours of Colnago maybe a thing of the past.

As for Electronic, the M10 is quite nicely done to accommodate manual as well as EPS/Di2, a simple tapered bung goes into the LHS of the down tube and really is tidy, one of my C59's is manual only and the other one electronic only, I really wish they were able to accommodate both as I truly feel that EPS/Di2 is the future, so there is deffo a plus point in making this years C59 and the future C60 dual.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

fromtrektocolnago wrote:I prefer the look of traditional, but got a c-59 in sloping as they didn't make a traditional in my size.

What do you mean when you say they didn't make a traditional in your size? It's the sloping sizes that are limited... The traditionals come in the entire range in increments of 1cm.

I've said this before, if they do abandon the traditional frames, and it appears they will, I at least hope they produce the sloping sizes in 1cm increments. Not likely though, as the biggest impetus for the sloping frames is being able to fit more people with fewer sizes and hence simplify both the manufacturing and dealer stocking logistics. Ideally, I would take a 57s to match up with my 61 Traditional. The 56s would require me to use more headset spacers because of its shorter headtube and the 58s is just a monstrosity designed to cover all those big people who need larger frames.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Calnago wrote:
fromtrektocolnago wrote:I prefer the look of traditional, but got a c-59 in sloping as they didn't make a traditional in my size.

What do you mean when you say they didn't make a traditional in your size? It's the sloping sizes that are limited... The traditionals come in the entire range in increments of 1cm.

I've said this before, if they do abandon the traditional frames, and it appears they will, I at least hope they produce the sloping sizes in 1cm increments. Not likely though, as the biggest impetus for the sloping frames is being able to fit more people with fewer sizes and hence simplify both the manufacturing and dealer stocking logistics. Ideally, I would take a 57s to match up with my 61 Traditional. The 56s would require me to use more headset spacers because of its shorter headtube and the 58s is just a monstrosity designed to cover all those big people who need larger frames.

non-sloping starts at 42 cm 51 effective top, non-sloping starts at 52 cm 53 effective top tube. i had to go 45cm sloping 51.8 effective. Previous bike was 50cm standard 52.5 effective. I could not go bigger. It would have been great if colnago had a standard fit one size smaller, but they didn't and fit is more important than aesthetics.

i feel standard looks better, but sloping makes more business sense as manufacturers can offer fewer size increments. In fact everything I read about the c60 suggests the accountants had a say, bb-30 bottom bracket(press fit?) only sloping sizes(probably fewer sizes), and I'm guessing the frames will support both electronic and conventional gear sets as well as disc
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ah yes... I see. At the very small end of the size spectrum you are indeed correct... the traditional frame sizes are not as accommodating as their smallest sloping sizes. It's exactly the opposite scenario for the larger size frames.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Velonutter

by Velonutter

..... and I'm guessing the frames will support both electronic and conventional gear sets as well as disc

I would very much doubt that it will accommodate disc because of having to manufacture a beefy set of forks and the width difference at the rear.

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Velonutter wrote:
..... and I'm guessing the frames will support both electronic and conventional gear sets as well as disc

I would very much doubt that it will accommodate disc because of having to manufacture a beefy set of forks and the width difference at the rear.

I'm fairly certain Colnago moved in this direction for 2014. They stiffened the rear chain stays and front forks.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tinozee

by tinozee

Too bad to hear about traditional geo going away for C60. Sloping geo is gross in large sizes! C59 in traditional geo is a thing of beauty.

Also, is this nephew responsible for the new logo? Can they make him an accountant or something else? If that new logo version makes it onto the new round of frames it's off my list.