Cervelo Prodigy Build?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Groupset?

Shimano Ultegra 11pd
20%
SRAM Force 22
20%
SRAM Red *non-11 Yaw*
20%
Older Dura Ace *state year*
30%
Other?
10%

Total votes: 10

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Hey everyone, so I just picked up a Cervelo Prodigy and am looking to build the bike up into something really neat. I already have a set of Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels *SRAM/Shimano* that I plan to use for the build. I'm wondering if I could get some opinions on the groupset to go for since I'm very undecided at the moment. Right now I'm riding Campy Chorus 11 and want to try something new so Campy is out.

The Shimano 11 stuff interests me but aside from that I'm not too heart set on anything. Build must have 170mm crank but aside from that I'm very open.

Idea's?
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stefano

by Stefano

Obviously this is a matter of preference, if you like the shimano stuff then you will probably be happiest with it. Seeing as this is weightweenies though, let me point out that red-2013 10s is cheaper than force 22 online and is the lightest group set available.

I am personally a campy man, but if it has to be shimano compatible for wheels and you're not into mixing group sets, then I guess I'd recommend shimano ultegra 11. The only other groups from the big S in it's performance class are 7800 and 9000 by my book, and only 7800 is in the same price class. 6800 is newer though, and has a warranty, so I'd err towards that. Maybe get an aftermarket crank or brakes or something.