Help Identifying a Cervelo Prodigy?!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Hey Everyone!

So I have found what appears to be a Cervelo Prodigy in my size that I want but it doesn't match up exactly to the pictures I'm finding online. I'm a bit curious what exactly this bike might be and what is going on here since the serial number I was given for it comes back as a R2.5 recall. The biggest thing for me is that the stays are NOT chromed like all the other Cervelo Prodigy's I'm seeing with this paint scheme. Also, the fork doesn't have any markings on it.

Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone knows what is going on here or what this frameset is? Cervelo hasn't returned my calls so I figured I would try you guys

Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Buffalo

by Buffalo

My prodigy does not have a serial number, nor does it have the Columbus decal on the chain stay. Ive always been under the impression the tubing was Columbus ultra foco.

Also the drop outs on mine are ritchey if that helps.

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Does yours have the chrome stays? That seems to be one of the distinguishing things about the Prodigy is that they all seem to have it *original paint one's that is*

The only scheme that doesn't is the all white with red lettering one and then the "Super Prodigy"
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

Buffalo

by Buffalo

Yes, in fact the whole frame is dipped. And I believe it is nickel plated.