DURA ACE 9000 OR ROTOR

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

treetrees

by treetrees

Ok guys here's my problem , I can't decide weather to get Dura ace 9000 chainset or Rotor 3df with Praxis chainrings both are around the same price . I did buy a used 9000 chainset from flea bay but had to send it back as it was damaged beyond repair on the non drive side , gutted . I know I will have to get a new bb to run the larger axle with the 3df or go for the lesser 3d and use my current token bb (its a standard bsa bb). Any replies would be greatly appreciated especially problems with any of them .

goodboyr

by goodboyr

How are you going to put a bb30 on a bsa frame?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

treetrees

by treetrees

Rotor cranks can be fitted to any type of bb using one of there kits. Cheers

petepeterson

by petepeterson

DA9000 is one of the nicest looking cranksets at the moment I would say. And of course it will function as well or better than the rotor/praxis. No contest for me.

yubbers

by yubbers

Hated my 3Ds paired with 7900. Maybe it had something to do worth the strong light rings, I dunno. Wasnt a fan. On the 9000s now and love em

davidalone

by davidalone

one thing to consider might be the cost/availability of replacement chainrings.. with shimano the only one on 4 hole ( and unique BCD ( do they have a patent?) you're stuck with wayyy expensive shimano chainrings and options.

I was orignially looking to get the dura ace 9000 or ultegra 6800 but this factor has swayed me abit toward rotor cranks...

treetrees

by treetrees

Many thanks for your comments guys they are much appreciated.

choplee

by choplee

i'm running 6800 with a 3D+ rotor and aero q-rings ...i'm having a few issues' at the moment with my geometry of my archon t1 frame and front mech , ,but i do love the whole look and feel of the rotor it's just limiting my gear selection until i get this problem sorted

treetrees

by treetrees

Cheers for the replies everyone , I' am going to get the 9000 , for me i think it makes sense even though chainrings are expensive .

choplee

by choplee

treetrees wrote:Cheers for the replies everyone , I' am going to get the 9000 , for me i think it makes sense even though chainrings are expensive .

good choice treetrees ....i would have had the 9000 ,but the budget did mean the ultegra was better value for me and i could get the rotor 3d+ i wanted :wink: :wink:

maquisard

by maquisard

I recently changed my default Rotor non-Q rings for Praxis rings on my 3D+ and the increase in stiffness and improvement in shifting was noticeable. I think Praxis are a close second to Shimano in terms of chain rings at the moment.

I also have a new 3DF BB30 110BCD 175mm crank for sale if you interested, PM for details.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com