Please help to identify this ZIPP Vuka Sprint

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tallicaboy

by tallicaboy

http://t.co/sh1WLfIDDA

I just showed this item to my friend who owns a genuine one.And he told me the words "speed weponry" under "ZIPP" logos on the top section should be lined perfectly with the curvature of the bar.But it looks the "ZIPP" logos were bit more curvy than the bar on this list. He also told me the holes of hoses doesn't looks right. Or maybe there is another version? Can anyone identify if this is true? I'm not quite sure at the moment.
Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RichieE46

by RichieE46

I just bought a brand new genuine ZIPP Vuka Sprint and your friend is right...the decals don't line up and definitely those holes are not correct. Looks like a replica/knockoff to me.

Check out the pictures on this link...it has pretty decent pictures overall of the holes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZIPP-VUKA-SPRIN ... 20d99c98c1

DMF

by DMF

The stem clamp area looks way wrong too. I cant fit a Garmin infront mount next to the stem without offsetting the stem slightly to the left or the mount will sit a bit on the wing. Looks like you could fit three garmin mounts next to each other on either side of the stem there. Also my Zipp text-logos seem smaller.

I'd say fake and a poor one at that.

tallicaboy

by tallicaboy

Many thanks RichieE46 and DMF
I think I'm gonna cancel the deal.
I was looking to bid at max of $200 on this. And it ends up at a unreasonably low price whitch arouse suspicion.

trilocus

by trilocus

it's a false one, the original has the zipp word around the stemp clamp area

gitsome

by gitsome

Totally fake the cable holes are nothing like that at all
My wallet is the lightest thing on my bike.

indywagon

by indywagon

Yep, that's a counterfeit. I bought one just like it on ebay, too. The cable routing holes are pretty obvious and real ones also have a serial number on the underside.

Good luck getting out of that deal. I was not so lucky. Anybody want a Vuka Sprint knockoff cheap?

Chris

gitsome

by gitsome

I posted an ebay "question" and stated they were fake, now the pic are new and different!! If youre gonna buy stick to a real store and pay more, you get what u pay for i think.
My wallet is the lightest thing on my bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com