ROI carbon brakes...

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
andyrr

by andyrr

Haven't seen anything about the Zefiro wheels : look nice.

spytech

by spytech

gandini wrote:I have the 0G-05 brakes and they did not ship with the brake pads lightened at the rear surface, they weighed 183g the pair and they stop better than my 04 Record brakes ever did with Zipp carbon pads on Zipp 280 rims (silica ceramic braking surface.)
That's my experience, which appears to go against what spytech is implying in the previous post. Still, one observation is little basis for a statistical inference about the population of 0G brakes.

cheers,

i dont think that the ZG brakes have the same power that the campy brakes do. i also think it would be hard to prove; i have talked to a few that have used both, while they dont think that the ZG brakes are bad, they do not think (as also i) that the ZG brakes are any better than the campy. they just dont have that extra stopping power, i have used them for about a year now on alu rims, not carbon, like stated above. the brake pad material could influence why the campy performance was not as good with carbon - ZG come with brake pads for carbon rims.

using the same pad on both could help you determine which brake you think brakes better.

by Weenie

spytech

by spytech

By the way the ROI Zefiro brakes are $695 retail.