New Ciamillo GSL Micro

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

shotgun

by shotgun

crankdxb wrote:Another one bitten the dust here, purchased directly last week 14-Mar-2014 with Invoice number 1433. Was tempted with the 2014 GSL's for $220 http://caw-designs.com/?product=black-negative-gsl and after a couple of follow up emails, there's no personal reply from Ted other than auto reply which kind of annoying.
If I saw these thread before, I would never made a dumb decision to purchase directly from his site. I don't want to wait up to 2 months but I'll wait for couple more days if there's an update and if not then cancellation of order will be and hoping to get my refund soon!
Not happy at all! So be aware...

You're not alone. I purchased 2 sets (one for my friend), and it's been over a month. I gave the benefit of the doubt that stocks were listed (there were 21 units left) as available. It's been over a month.
2018 Giant TCR Advance SL0 Disc
2017 Festka Scalatore
1989 Battaglin Roche
1985 Alan Carbonio

cfred84

by cfred84

I think I must be the most patient of his customers.
Have been waiting for a gravitas crankset and gsl brake combo which I paid for mid October.
Estimated wait time via messages on e-mails was 3 weeks.

Well... coming to 6 months and countless delays after delays, I finally can't take it and asked for a refund.
I am just hopeful I get my money back after all this time and hassle trying to contact Ted and Kristi.
Really not worth buying direct. Should have come across this thread before I made my purchase!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glepore

by glepore

My issue is that stuff is listed on the webpage as available, as in in stock, at very low prices and then never shipped. It makes me highly suspicious of the "float", but they can't be selling enough brakes etc to make it worth the risk? Anyway, its trashing his reputation, first undercutting his distributors and then not delivering. I wish it was understandable.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

tonytourist

by tonytourist

I finally put my GSL Micros on, and they brake quite well. Significantly better than my older brakes that didn't like my Enve 3.4s. I'll have to test them on a mountain descent and know for sure, but they are an improvement so far.

crankdxb

by crankdxb

cfred84 wrote:Really not worth buying direct. Should have come across this thread before I made my purchase!!

Most likely the feedbacks from Ciamillo products users/buyers!