Tune 130 rear hub

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

Not sure if I am allowed to post this here, but I just came across a pretty rare Tune 130 rear hub. Seems to be the ultimate weightweenie rear hub and the price is great too :D .

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Tune-MAG-130-Hinterrad-Nabe-Raritat-leichter-als-MAG-150-170-180-black-24-Shiman-/231072502274

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Looks like my Tune 150 hub? I would have to see a picture of the stamp.

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

If you look closely you can see the 130 stamp.

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

The 130 was an evolution of the 150 with a new magnetic freehub......these never saw production.
We still have one of the MTB version on stock but we were told for show purposes only and not for real use!!!!
This one on eBay could be either a show version (no good for regular use) or a regular 150 with a 130 body.

michel2

by michel2

how about that advertised new price, i know i sound like my granny but 950 euro for a rear hub.....i would need to think about that lol

theremery

by theremery

I have a Mag 130 (sort of....it weighs 130g....but I think it is marked as a 150 from memory) (drilled 2:1.....the first one ever built). Mine has done MANY k's under Gunther Mai. It was custom built for Gunther by Uli Fahl personally. Seems to go just fine! (and its in a 800g wheelset....well....804g). Not surprisingly, I don't use these wheels as "every day riders", however ;)
Updated: Racing again! Thought this was unlikely! Eventually, I may even have a decent race!
Edit: 2015: darn near won the best South Island series (got second in age
-group)..woo hoo Racy Theremery is back!!

mythical

by mythical

jmartpr wrote:The 130 was an evolution of the 150 with a new magnetic freehub......
That would be the Tune Prince Dezibel disc hub that weighed 130 grams. Tune's road hub was the MAG90 and weighed around 120g when substituting its full ceramic bearings for hybrid ones. As you know, Tune names their hubs after decimal weight rangesin grams.

One of my long time riding buddies built a 876 MTB wheelset with the Dezibel where the two 6803 cassette body bearings exploded within the first 10 miles. Other than its axle being too thin, the solution was going ceramic hybrid bearings.

I'm not sure this 130 would be good for anything other than a specialty hill climb bike. :noidea:
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

You are right! the road version was the Mag 90...as I mentioned I do have a Dezibel here on stock was warned by Tune not to use it...only for show.