AX Lightness Vial EVO

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

micky

by micky

Ax has closed?!?

danbjpa

by danbjpa

I read a strange comment at AX facebook dated 8 august saying:
"AX is insolvent !!!
What will be now with our warranty?????"

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

ax-lightness in search of investors after filing for insolvency
Business activities are being continued in their entirety.
wrote:
On the strength of the unique high-tech products and the excellent market position a permanent recapitalization is targeted."
Alright, who's going to step up the plate to recapitalize AX Lightness? BTW, I suppose any recapitalization is subject to possible decapitalization due to legal liabilities associated with defective forks, or whatever.

As if July 31, business activities were supposedly being continued in their entirety. Is that still the case?

Full statement
ax-lightness GmbH, which was established in 2002 and is based in the Upper Franconian town of Creußen, is a high-tech manufactory specialized in ultralight carbon products for cycling and motorsports applications. The company produces to 100 % at its headquarters in Bavaria and thus represents the only full-range bike supplier with production in Germany. The company unites design, construction and development up to production, sales and marketing under one roof. ax-lightness currently employs 33 full-time staff members.

Particularly ax-lightness‘ cycling sector is successful and profitable already for years. Annual growth rates of up to 60 % as well as frequent tests wins and Eurobike’s Gold Award testify the market position. The latest innovative product developments for the cycling sector are imminent for a market launch for model year 2016.

On July 21st, 2015 ax-lightness GmbH nevertheless felt impelled to file the opening of insolvency proceedings. This step has become necessary due to the unannounced discontinuation of a major customer in the motorsports sector as well as the payment default of an OEM customer.

Business activities are continued in their entirety under the provisional receivership. The Local Court of Bayreuth has been summoning Dr. Kai Christian Uhr as preliminiary insolvency administrator. On the strength of the unique high-tech products and the excellent market position a permanent recapitalization is targeted. For this purpose interviews with investors are being prepared with multiple companies already having shown their interest.

All employees stand cohesively behind the company. We ask all suppliers, journalists and customers to remain loyal to the company.
Last edited by HammerTime2 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

mrgray

by mrgray

I don't think the cycling business is the issue. If anything that's the leading hope. Let us hope that someone steps in and refocusses the business away from motorsport and onto cycling which they seem so good at.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

eric01

by eric01

Ax has been getting a lot of press recently in magazines. Guessing that would have translated to uptick in sales. Shame to hear about the financial woes given the momentum they seem to have built up with the vial Evo. I have one and love it
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

lippythelion

by lippythelion

Cycling & motorsport, two of the most unpredictable sports to base a business on there is. Bad news whichever way you look at it and new investors may want to move production away from Germany.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

idinfo68 wrote:Just silver, normal paint.

No transport in a car.

"You know, it looks like your lower pulley wheel has been slammed against the chainstay?" >> No possible, 2cm too far

"could be from debris on the road. i've hit a few things that flip up and hit my frame....with no damage. could be from that." >> the hole is too big or long for this kind of damage

I'll send pictures to Ax to see what they can do...

Thanks

Hey Richy,

don't take my word for it, but i believe they can change the chainstay part on your bike.

Perhaps it'll take some time as it's Eurobike now.

I hope it'll be working out just fine whatever they do.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

idinfo68

by idinfo68

Frame is back now.

Before...

Photos after repair...

Great working !

Very satisfied with the result with a full paint below.

Thanks Ax-Lightness !
www.baron-noir.com

Specialized Aethos SUB5
Specialized Tarmac SL8 - 5.35 kgs
Specialized Tarmac SL6 - 5.16 kgs
Scott SPARK RC 900 SL SUB 8
Specialized Epic HT - 6.18 kgs

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Great :-D
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

kode54

by kode54

like new!
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

micky

by micky

Good to hear about good customare service.

minimini

by minimini

:noidea:

mariovalentim

by mariovalentim

I'm pretty confused about the geometry of the Evo R, just taking reach and stack into account it fits me perfectly (5 7", 1.71m) and it's almost the same as my BMC but then looking at the tubes sizes they are bigger than my other bikes. Should I look only into the stack and reach and not care about the other stats?

BMC - Stack: 53cm/Reach: 37.8cm/Top Tube: 53.5cm
Evo R - Stack: 54.8cm/Reach: 36.95cm/Top Tube: 54.1cm

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Yes, they are so near each other. Perhaps if you'd use a zero offset seat post or not.
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com