AX Lightness Vial EVO

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Stegger

by Stegger

ipdamages wrote:Nils (and Axel) -

I sit eagerly in wait for my size S EVO to arrive. Happily, in the interim you guys have been extremely responsive in sending me other items I've ordered in the past six months, including a saddle, seatpost, two sets of wheels, and two helmets. Everything has been exceptionally well made and resilient as I have put miles on the products (I ride 300 mi/500km per week), but I particularly appreciate your customer service. Having seen AX go through some good and bad times, I am happy to say that you have really taken a positive turn with your responsiveness. As people say, words are cheap, but actions mean something, and your actions in sending me my ordered products quickly and with good communication is very refreshing.

Anyway, bravo on releasing the Vial EVO on time as well. So often these things slip on the schedule that I'm sure very few people would have thought you would be sending out frames in March. Keep up the good work, and it will be nice when I can ride the Vial EVO in Southern California on group rides and in races.

- Chris

I must certainly concur with your post Chris! I have experienced an overwhelmingly open and friendly attitude in my elaborate email correspondence with AX Lightness and with Nils in particular, where they have shared and commented on design strategies and frame features as the whole concept has been finalized. I am also eagerly awaiting my XL EVO D, and hope to see a delivery in April which is on target to what I have been informed from the very beginning.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wcl4

by Wcl4

+1 Nils has been incredibly responsive.

ipdamages

by ipdamages

I'm pulling together pics of my bike and a build list with component weights/pics and will post shortly!

Stegger

by Stegger

ipdamages wrote:I'm pulling together pics of my bike and a build list with component weights/pics and will post shortly!

So you have your frame already! I'm really looking forward to some pictures - did you go for the Vial EVO or Vial EVO D kit?

Thanks

Stegger

by Stegger

I found this picture which seems could show a Vial EVO D but without the standard paint job:

tharmor

by tharmor

That drop tho!!

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Can I get another update as to when a newly ordered size small will be delivered to US?

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

I tried to order on your website but there is no US in the country tab? Am I doing something wrong?

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

HammerTime2 wrote:Nils, from the order page, it looks like the frame can be ordered by someone in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, i.e., North Korea, whose leader recently ordered the execution of all members of his uncle's family, including children, yet the United States is not listed as an option. Is this correct?
AXAxel wrote:That indeed is a very unpleasant flaw in our system.. Thanks for locating it HammerTime! Sadly and in contrast to our website the webshop backend is not administered by ourselves, only the content is. We will have a new, revamped and merged website up in summer, but the 'glitch' will still for sure have to be corrected beforehands as this indeed is an unacceptable but even more so unexplainable flaw ( :?: :!: :?: ): The United States of course absolutely have to be an option and I can only ask everyone to simply be mailing us in the meantime in order for us to sort you out directly. ...
~Nils
HammerTime2 wrote:Yes, the Unites States is a big market for high end road cycling equipment.

Outside of Junior, and a few other elites, I doubt many people in the DPRK could even afford an AX Vial EVO Heck, probably not many North Koreans could even afford a Nasdorowje bottle cage. According to my man Dennis Rodman, basketball is more Junior's cup of tea than cycling, anyhow.

jimborello

by jimborello

Can you please update us with delivery times for the framesets?? Im already biting my nails!

robhall2003

by robhall2003

Hello everyone,

I too have ordered and await a new Vial Evo frame. I wish to transfer my Super Record groupset onto this frame. This means using my existing Ultra Torque crankset with 24mm spindle. I know the new OverTorque cranks are 386 compatible but I do not want the additional expense of buying yet another upgrade part regardless of weight saving,convenience etc.

As Nils from AX Lightness has explained to me the Vial Evo frame is prepared with the bottom bracket bearing seats integrated. This means the bearings fit direct to the frame. What this means is the bottom bracket dimensions are 42mm not the usual 46mm found on other 386 bottom brackets.

The following text is copied from the AX Lightness website: In contrast to usual BB386 frames we deliberately rely on directly integrated and laminated carbon bearing seats and therewith bypass all typical nylon or aluminum bearing shells: The ball bearings are pressed directly into the frame and thus save a further 30+ grams over conventional PressFit solutions.

Now the only adaptor I have found for fitting a Campagnolo Ultra Torque to 386 has a 46mm outside dimeter and obviously this will not work with the Evo. So if anyone out there has any ideas please help. I have researched as much as I can and haven't found any clear solutions to this problem. I'm not sure if it would be possible to remove the Campagnolo bearings and try fitting the crankset in the same way one would fit a Shimano, SRAM or other brand.

Thanks

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Has anyone received one of these frames yet?

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Anyone, Anyone....Beuhler, Beuhler.......???

Mattias Hellöre
in the industry

by Mattias Hellöre

Is there any rebranded Ax frames, for example Swift unveiled a frame which is similar to the Vial if my memory serves me right.
A difference though is they use textreme, and why didn´t you use Textreme?
Experimental Prototype

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Does anyone have any new info?