Cervelo rear drop out crack repair

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Riccfs
in the industry

by Riccfs

Hello,

We have been asked by numerous bike shops and customers to see if there was a way to fix crack R3 and R5 dealer hanger drop out.

As we all know, the drop out is a bad design to start out with, but we have successfully found a fix. We grind most of the hanger off and have made a new mold that is thicker and has a bit more material around the holes to help prevent this from happening again.

We charge a flat fee of $500 for raw finish and $575 for a one color paint finish.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

53x12

by 53x12

Cool. Do you have some larger pictures that you can show of the work?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

GonaSovereign

by GonaSovereign

While I appreciate good carbon repair and am glad you can extend the life of bikes, your decision to disparage another company while shilling your services is lame. Please.consider the impact of your words.

GT56

by GT56

GonaSovereign wrote:While I appreciate good carbon repair and am glad you can extend the life of bikes, your decision to disparage another company while shilling your services is lame. Please.consider the impact of your words.

it IS a bad design, which was replaced (improved !) after the first model year

em3

by em3

GT56 wrote:
GonaSovereign wrote:While I appreciate good carbon repair and am glad you can extend the life of bikes, your decision to disparage another company while shilling your services is lame. Please.consider the impact of your words.

it IS a bad design, which was replaced (improved !) after the first model year

...not to mention, Cervelo has been quite responsive in replacing the early production 2011 R-series frames that included this poorly executed design (frames with vertical mounting holes for hanger) on the small number of frames that have failed....myself included.
EM3