Schwalbe One

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

I flatted again with my 23c ONE clincher. That makes two now inside of 6 weeks. I'm increasingly biased to believing the ONE has less puncture resistance than their ZX. While I'm getting to like the softer ride with the ONE, you'd be mistaken to think I won't go back to ZX if this keeps up.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RippedUp

by RippedUp

My Ones were destroyed in about 8 outings. Cuts and more cuts. Until they flatted every few miles. I put back my worn out GP4000..

superdx

by superdx

I'm also expecting my Ones (tubular, 24mm) to fail fairly soon. Lots of visible cuts, some of the tread is worn away from heavy descending. Have 25mm Competitions coming and will replace in about 1-2 months if I don't flat before then. But it seems a certainty rather than a remote possibility, which is pretty crazy considering the price of these tires.

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

No cuts or at least very few on my ONE's in comparison to my ZX's ... however, those cuts never led to anything disastrous.

F45

by F45

Thanks for the review, gentlemen. I think I'm going to stick with my Challenge Strada open tubulars.

superdx

by superdx

A hard descent and some skidding at the end when I was trying to come to a complete stop before careening into oncoming traffic...

Does this wear look ok? I've done one ride since then and it seems ok. Just don't want to be out on a ticking time bomb.

Sleepless

by Sleepless

So my rear tyre is dead after 2000 km. I found a huge bubble on the sidewall which caused by threads coming off. There's also a tear which caused by the bubble. Schwalbe customer service wasn't helpful and insisted that it's not a manufacturing fault but caused by the brakes or the rim! Heh. This is One 25mm clincher.

I was extremely happy with their performance and didn't have a single flat even in bad conditions but I had the very same issue with a Durano S tyre on a different bike before and now I'm fed up especially after their poor customer service.

/rant

superdx

by superdx

What tires are you putting on next?

I've been surprisingly puncture free for the past 2 months. The ride quality of the Schwables is just great. But I'm still dreading the next puncture.

Sleepless

by Sleepless

I put back my Pro 4 on the rear for now. I'll be switching to winter rims-tyres soon (Fulcrum R3-Vittoria Open Pave Evo CG). I don't know what will be my next summer tyre. I was super happy with One but I don't want to deal with Schwalbe again. Maybe I can try Open Corsa for summer.

superdx

by superdx

After last weekend, did some pretty steep descents of grades of around -10% to -15%. The tread on my rear pattern is so worn away that I could see the stitching of the tubular underneath. They haven't punctured since my last post but they don't look too safe to ride on anymore.

I've just replaced them today with Continental Competitions 25mm tubular, I'm hoping these will last a year. The Schwables, especially my rear tire, are only about 3 months old.

I think every time I've used Schwable tires, I've regretted it. Michelin Pro4s were the best clincher tires for me by far. Here's hoping the Continentals are as reliable as those.

mr4fox

by mr4fox

So far I've done about 10000km on 2 schwalbe One HT tubulars (both 24mm). I've only used them as rear tyres as ive had veloflex extremes on the front for the past year. I really can complain about the Ones. Ive never had any handling issues and they seem to roll well...although I know the Tour Magazine test says they arent the fastest. In 10000km ive punctured a One HT once. That particular tyre had worn so much (about 6000km) that I could see small patches of cotton casing through the tread. I knew it needed replacing but at the time it had been raining so much that I'd only been training inside so hadnt bothered. When the sun suddenly poked through one day i took the chance to do some hill intervals near my house. I knew full well that there was gravel at the top if the hill and id likely puncture but decided to risk it anyway. Needless to say I noticed a slow leak at the end of the work out so just rode the whole 1km home on the flat tyre. I wouldnt have expected any other tyre to fair any better.
The veloflex extremes, carbons and vittoria corsa cx (isogrip) tubular tyres ive used are more supple and offer more feel but in the last 10000km ive punctured 3 times on veloflexes and have only had the vittoria on for about 600km.
fwiw probably close to half of this years riding has been on wet roads or int tye rain. I never worry about tye schwab letting me down...just the sexy veloflexs ;)

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Sleepless wrote:So my rear tyre is dead after 2000 km. I found a huge bubble on the sidewall which caused by threads coming off. There's also a tear which caused by the bubble.

I had the same issues with ZX's when they first came out...never went back to them.

mentok

by mentok

Feedback isn't exactly glowing in this thread :\

Interested to know where the cheapest source for the Schwalbe Ones is. Interested to give them a try over my usual Veloflex or GP4000s.

superdx

by superdx

CRC had them on sale a couple weeks ago, you may want to check there.

They are really good tires in terms of performance and comfort. But they just have really poor durability and the tread (on tubulars anyways) wears away so fast it's crazy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TomWhite59

by TomWhite59

Hi guys its coming up to that time of the year where i buy fresh rubber for my bike. I am currently running the ultremo zx clinchers but was thinking of using the one clinchers.
does anyone have any experience with the ones?
Thanks Tom.