Schwalbe One

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Anyone else trying the Ironman tires? Allegedly 185g with a low(er) Crr per Schwalbe.

Are they new? Or, did I just wake up?!

Quinn039

by Quinn039

had my first ride on the Ones in 23c. Replaced my ultremo zx that had a lot of cracks and got some sidewall tears (resulting in my first flat in 3 years).

No white stripes anymore, but the plain black and more subdued graphics look nice.

Not overly impressed by weight (or at least claims/constancy). One came in at 204g (1 below claim), the other at 218g. Kind of a big difference. With schwalbe extra light tubes the total comes in at 19g heavier than my previous (and worn) setup.

Ride seemed good... maybe not as fast rolling as the ultremos but very predictable and cornered with confidence.

Going to need some more time to come to a true opinion of the tire, but so far they seem decent. Not mind blowing, but not disappointing either.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PSM

by PSM

My tubulars runs very well. Much nicer in all aspects compared to the GP4000s.

Gunjira

by Gunjira

One tubeless in 25/27 finally available. Waiting for a set of 25s to arrive

Quinn039

by Quinn039

update.

rolling speed still seems on par with ultremo zx's.... but CORNERING SPEED! That's another story.

These tires instill ridiculous confidence, I've never felt comfortable cornering as hard as I have been on these tires. I certainly hold more speed through corners.

Still happy with the tires, now I just have something to comment on as far as improvements go.

Valy

by Valy

How wide do they run? Asking because I've seen a pair of 25s on one guys bike but they looked quite low volume, whereas from experience ZXs can run quite large.

I've got Open Pave CG now and was struck by their low size, but they measure exactly 25mm and it turns out most other tires run wider. For example a Fortezza Tricomp 25mm is actually the same volume as a Open Pave CG in 27mm!

GT56

by GT56

i have 25 mm on 202 FC's, and i like them a lot

the measure exactly 25 mm wide and 25 high, so they are good volume

most tires are lower than they are wide (mavic and michelin come to mind)
Last edited by Frankie - B on Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no need to quote the above.

tnc1970

by tnc1970

tnc1970 wrote:I just finished my second ride on Schwalbe One 23 clincher, using Michelin latex tubes: really sweet combo at 7.3/7.8 bar. Be aware that previous setup was Continental 4Seasons with Conti Light tubes, but still...very satisfied so far.
Used in the past Ultremo ZX and I'd say they roll similar and therefore durability will be the key differentiator (if any)

Update: I'm riding also the tubeless version on a Shimano RS50-C50 converted to tubeless. Even better than the clincher version of the One: amazing grip, and very very confortable (you can drop the pressure by 10/15 psi)

tnc1970

by tnc1970

I forgot to mention that, yes, they might be prone to small cuts. They don't look like compromising safety but I feel better filling those gaps with ShoeGoo.

superdx

by superdx

Really interested to see how the wet performance is, with no tread, how is the grip?

Roel W

by Roel W

As I'm typing this message I can still smell the rubber: just mounted some brand new Schwalbe One 25mm clinchers on a pair of second hand Campe Neutron wheels.
Will test them tomorrow...

tnc1970

by tnc1970

superdx wrote:Really interested to see how the wet performance is, with no tread, how is the grip?

So far... no issues when riding in wet conditions (I have the pleasure to experience degrees from just wet tarmac to pouring rain). Latest theories say that thread is of no use in a bike tire -23/25mm-

spartan

by spartan

i own a set of 25. vs the conti they feel more compliant/grip better.

fyi tour mag finished testing 2014 batch of tires.... interesting schwalbe one 25/28 have higher rr vs conti gran prix 2.

Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

Roel W

by Roel W

Roel W wrote:As I'm typing this message I can still smell the rubber: just mounted some brand new Schwalbe One 25mm clinchers on a pair of second hand Campe Neutron wheels.
Will test them tomorrow...

Tested them on a 170km ride: they are fantastic. I've ridden 3 km off-road an a wet path full of stones (testing some new roads with my Garmin went wrong) without a flat. So they seem quite puncture proof.
Grip and cornering speed are much better then the Mavic Yksion tires on Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels I used before on the same bike.

Svetty

by Svetty

Strange that Conti 4000s get faster with increasing width whereas Schwalbe get slower. .......

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com