Schwalbe One

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
superdx

by superdx

Roel W wrote:
Roel W wrote:As I'm typing this message I can still smell the rubber: just mounted some brand new Schwalbe One 25mm clinchers on a pair of second hand Campe Neutron wheels.
Will test them tomorrow...

Tested them on a 170km ride: they are fantastic. I've ridden 3 km off-road an a wet path full of stones (testing some new roads with my Garmin went wrong) without a flat. So they seem quite puncture proof.
Grip and cornering speed are much better then the Mavic Yksion tires on Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels I used before on the same bike.

Mavic tires (the ones that come stock on Ksyrium SLRs) were TERRIBLE in the wet. No grip whatsoever. I literally back flipped my bike trying to avoid a toddler on a tricycle. Landed on my ass, and my butt bones hurt for days!

I am stuck between purchasing the Schwable One and Veloflex Carbon. Any thing to help my decision either way?

tnc1970

by tnc1970

@ steel515
I cannot reply to your PM (no clue why is that).
Concerning the pressure I'm running, I'm following the guidelines in the spreadsheet I built (attached)

<iframe src="https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=0A3B0820117A3295&resid=A3B0820117A3295%2115978&authkey=AEUDTAGgiR0VX_E" width="98" height="120" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A ... ile%2c.xls

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Miller

by Miller

I've had Schwalbe One tubeless in 25mm on back order from Starbike for some weeks. Does anyone have a feeling when or if the 25mm tubeless version will be available? I could just accept the 23mm version but I like the idea of the plumper tyre.

rmerka

by rmerka

I have a 25mm tubeless One, coming direct from Scwhalbe North America arriving tomorrow so it seems they'll be in shops sooner than later.

Miller

by Miller

Thanks for that info, interesting. Perhaps you could be good enough to post back here confirming when you have them in your hand so I know this format isn't just vapourware?

rmerka

by rmerka

I'll be happy to Miller along with a "proof of life" photo.

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

I'm nearly convinced to try the One clincher ... bit more weight than ZX, but hopefully more than offset by being a bit faster. Change is hard!

My Addict chainstays don't look compatible with anything wider than a 23c tire, so that's the one for me.

steel515

by steel515

[quote="tnc1970"]@ steel515
I cannot reply to your PM (no clue why is that).
Concerning the pressure I'm running, I'm following the guidelines in the spreadsheet I built (attached)

<iframe src="https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=0A3B0820117A3295&resid=A3B0820117A3295%2115978&authkey=AEUDTAGgiR0VX_E" width="98" height="120" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A ... ile%2c.xls[/quote]

Someone wrote app or program for tire pressure. Have you tried? (Didn't work for me). You can try to PM me again.

dha

by dha

Miller wrote:I've had Schwalbe One tubeless in 25mm on back order from Starbike for some weeks. Does anyone have a feeling when or if the 25mm tubeless version will be available? I could just accept the 23mm version but I like the idea of the plumper tyre.

I bought two from bikediscount.de in late May, the arrived within a few days. Not sure if they have stock at the moment

rmerka

by rmerka

Miller wrote:Thanks for that info, interesting. Perhaps you could be good enough to post back here confirming when you have them in your hand so I know this format isn't just vapourware?

Here's a photo of sasquatch:

Weight is 331g on the postal scale here at work, 9 grams lighter than the claimed 340g ;) Incidentally the 23c that's going on the front came in at 294g 11 lighter than the claimed 305g.

dha

by dha

They were a pita to get on ultegra tubeless rims.

eigner

by eigner

I just ordered 2*28mm Schwalbe One's. I'm looking forward to trying them out. They replace Durano plus as my commuter tire.
Come winter I might change for something wider and with more grooves for displacing snow and water.
Current: Colnago CX Zero Di2 Disc, Cannondale F29 carbon3
Previous: Scott Plasma 3 premium, Parlee Z3SL, Parlee Z4, Argon18 E112, TREK TTX7.0, S-Works Transition, Pinarello F4:13

rmerka

by rmerka

dha wrote:They were a pita to get on ultegra tubeless rims.

Ditto on Pacenti's

stl516

by stl516

Can you measure width after installed on wheel? ie true 25mm or narrower like 23-24mm

Here's a photo of sasquatch:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rmerka

by rmerka

Sure no problem. I'll do it tonight for both the 23c and 25c.