Schwalbe One

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

LionelB wrote:Given that it looks like the One tubular costs the same or more as a veloflex carbon I may not be trying it that soon :D

With a TPI of 127 for the tubular version they'll actually have to pay me before I want to ride it. Damn pricey too. :unbelievable:

Ciao, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Valy wrote:Sean - haha where do you live that you can run Corsa CX in winter?!!??! :O

Australia for starters.

Anywhere north of where I live (Geelong), even better.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

WMW wrote:Interesting review. They are wrong in assuming that a tube adds rolling resistance, though... it doesn't if you use latex.

The tubeless tires *require* a lower pressure before they ride nice. I see that a lot. And there seems to be a common misconception that you can run the pressure as low as you want and not suffer a Crr penalty.

+1

There's also a general misconception that wider tyres automagically roll faster. Not true. It should be viewed in relation to the suppleness of the tyre and the road. Among other factors.
Top Q, supple (high true tpi count) will make you noticeably slower when you underinflate too and use too wide a tyre.

Of course the marketing guys will tell you different fairy tales..... :mrgreen:

Ciao, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

michaelten

by michaelten

I have had my Schwalbe One's now for a while coming from Ultremo ZX. I absolutely loved the Ultremo only downside was they didn't last very long for me anyway, the sidewalls would start to tear up on them. I have found the One's to ride and grip the same and the sidewalls are still nice on them with no marks at all. Definitely worth buying if you like the Ultremo ZX.

JasperGr

by JasperGr

Thats good to hear. Did you rode the GP4000S in de past? If so, can you tell the differents between those tires? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSM

by PSM

JasperGr wrote:Thats good to hear. Did you rode the GP4000S in de past? If so, can you tell the differents between those tires? Thanks!

+1

michaelten

by michaelten

I have ridden GP4000's in 25's and prefer the Schwalbes. The roads I ride on a really coarse chip seal and the Schwalbes ride really nice on them, much nicer than the GP4000's in my opinion. The GP4000's are much more durable than the Ultremo's but I think the One's so far have been as durable as the Conti's. I was willing to put up with the lack of durability of the Ultremo's for the nice ride but the One's there seems to be no compromise. One downside to One's was the price, although I didn't shop around when I bought them and haven't looked at the prices of them since.

PSM

by PSM

But 4000s in 25 mm are only available as clinchers?! Tubulars are 22 mm. :?

michaelten

by michaelten

Those are all clinchers I use on training wheels.

I run Veloflex Extreme tubulars.

JasperGr

by JasperGr

Thanks Michael for your opinion! I will try them in place of the GP4000S 23mm.

PSM

by PSM

My bad then.

What about the tubulars? Anyone tried?

HillRPete

by HillRPete

WMW wrote:And there seems to be a common misconception that you can run the pressure as low as you want and not suffer a Crr penalty.

Just like the misconception that higher pressure will always give you lower Crr, I suppose :beerchug:

nfecyle

by nfecyle

Hi,

I am currently running 26 mm Tubular Schwalbe One.

Durability: I am using it for commuting. Schwalbe One definitely is more durable and the ultremos and tubular 4000gp, but still gatorskin is the best for durability.

Ride quality: I like the ultremos better as it seems to be more supple. Schwalbe one feels to have stiffer casing, but the difference is not much. Both feels as fast. For fast cornering though, I feel Schwalbe one is much better than the ultremos. And of course the ride is way better than the gatorskin.

Aeroness/handling: 26 mm schwalbe one seems to big for front. I should have gotten 24 or 22 for front. The handling become really bad when I put 26mm schwalbe one. I had 25 mm gatorskin before I replaced it with schwalbe one.

Mounting: Way way easier than the conti's tubular.

Conclusion: I think it is on par with the GP 4000 tubular. I will buy again due to easiness of mounting, durability, and ride quality. I want a better ride quality than the gatorskin but I don't want to spend 100/tire for veloflex/fmb, and Schwalbe one fits the bill perfectly. I do have to pump tire every morning before commute though :beerchug:

PSM

by PSM

I hate to pump. :/

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

PSM wrote:My bad then.

What about the tubulars? Anyone tried?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=119844

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com