Any forum members do custom decals?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

53x12

by 53x12

Anyone on here do this? I used 'xcfisher' a few times but he hasn't been active on here for a few months and I haven't been able to reach him by email. was hoping there might be another forum member that could assist?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tonytourist

by tonytourist

I posted a similar question awhile back and had my thread deleted for no reason.
I emailed a few places I found online and never had a reply. Good thing I got someone locally to do them for me. Good luck!

53x12

by 53x12

Did the local place do a decent job? Was it just a regular print shop?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Fixie82

by Fixie82

I've used a local sign maker to get decals done. Quality was high and was reasonably priced, its a little hard to find someone who does small quantities or one off's. The guys who did mine were keen to do something different and saw it as a bit of fun, others either weren't interested because it was a little different or I didn't want high enough quantities.

Ring around a few sign makers or print shops and see what they can do, most of the stuff is automated anyway so as long as the picture files are correct there shouldn't be an issue.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

@53x12 I'm still waiting for them, but the guy has done plenty of bike related decals, so I know they will look good. (Enve stickers for a pro MTB team, lots of other stuff) The shop does vinyl wraps and other things too, so maybe check out something like that local to you?

tniu

by tniu

I am going through this myself after a bike accident where a car pulled out in front of me and the crash snapped my front fork. I bought a stock replacement fork from Look, but it was a standard black fork, and my bike had been the pro-team white, so I looked for someone to paint it (easy enough) and someone to duplicate the decals (not so easy to find).

Anyway, long story short, Calfee will do the paint and match decals, but it was $380 or something along those lines. I did find a guy at a bike shop in San Francisco (where I work) who will print the decals but ideally you provide him by email with the electronic files, preferably as a so-called "vector" file, although he can work with jpegs (but it will probably cost a bit more for him to convert it into a "vector" file and clean it up). He then prints the decals and can mail it to you. I will find his contact info (at work on my computer) if you are interested and post it.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

tniu, could you post it please? Might help me out in case my current guy falls through.
Thanks!

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

UK-based frame decal experts that mostly re-produce old designs, but I guess they might print if customers supply designs: http://hlloydcycles.com/page2.htm

tniu

by tniu

Tony Tourist:

Here is the guy in the San Francisco bike shop who produces decals:

Niko
Citizen Chain Cyclery
2064 Powell Street San Francisco, CA 94133
415-796-2925
http://www.citizenchain.com/?page_id=716

I think the cost was approximately $10 per location for single color plus modest set-up fee, depending on what you need.

tniu

by tniu

Several people have pm'ed me, but I cannot respond through the pm system since the site has "restricted" me because I haven't posted more.

I am happy to send anyone the vector file for the Look logo that can be used to print the decals if you pm your email address.

ergott

by ergott

Mike over at designair.net is a member here (forget the user name). He's an active cyclist and does great work for me.

mike@designair.net

Zak

by Zak

what fenders are those Ergott?

ergott

by ergott

Portland Design Works. I like that they are alloy instead of plastic. They mount to the skewer and over the rear brake so they make the best of any clearance you have. The front isn't low enough so I took a chopped piece of fender that had a flap and replaced the rubber flap it came with.

Great fenders.

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

FWIW I can make any decal in any color, 2 4 color, any size any quantity and any graphic, provided I have something to work from or reference.
carbonLORD.com

Mikmik

by Mikmik

If by any chance you live in Brisbane Australia I can point you to a sick artist who could do anything for ya.
It's not how much you spend on a bike it's how hard you can ride it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com