Cannondale CAAD11 soon?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

hmai18

by hmai18

http://www.cxmagazine.com/spotted-cannondale-suspension-cyclocross-bike-prototype-lefty-fork-2014-nbx

Some very hazy details about the new CAADX there. Looks like they're finally getting internal routing and a thru-axles.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

tpkruse wrote:...There have been rumors of an new Aluminum CX bike using some of the advances from the CAAD10, that might be next in the release line-up.

I am pretty sure this will be their next big thing, maybe even this design with wider openings at the top of the stays and call it a gravel bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Not to sound suspicious, but it seems every time a topic like this comes out on a chat board, the new model does come out.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

AGW

by AGW

But this topic was started this last Fall.

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

Going on past form, they'll do the new features on aluminium, then carbon. 2016 will probably see the Supersix disc, following on from the Caad10 disc this year. 2017 seems more likely for a bigger revision.

Mind you, nowt wrong with the CAAD 10. Hard to see what the next revision could bring, beyond something even lighter with a weight limit. I can't see aero features making an appearance on an alloy bike. If I had to guess, and I do, I'd say a frame hitting the 1kg mark, with wider tyre clearance, with the 8 being phased out in favour of the current 10. Could take 2 years.

It is a shame that the carbon-alloy granges like the System six and Six13 just don't work economically. A return to that tech with more modern features would definitely tempt me away from my 10.

bungis

by bungis

Aero tubing and electronic-compatible/fully-internal would be fantastic. I prefer the ride feel of alu over carbon but it's hard to give up those two aspects.

hmai18

by hmai18

I'm pretty sure the current CAAD10s already come with removable/swappable cable ports that will let you run electronic internally or regular external mechanical.

akira0818

by akira0818

Cannondale CAAD11 soon?

very exciting information

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

akira0818 wrote:Cannondale CAAD11 soon?

very exciting information

No, this is all just guessing, no real information here.