update pics, of my new bike

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
cadence90

by cadence90

you have definitely become a better photographer spytech, but this beauty definitely needs a clean backdrop, white or the photog's choice: 18% grey (but take those pedals off for the shoot!, they remind me of a Prince Charles quote, referring to a new building he'd seen: "....a monstrous carbuncle on the face of a dear old friend...."
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

by Weenie

spytech

by spytech

hehe, as soon as i get some cash i will go with the time impact mag/ti

as to taking more pics, i will - maybe some pics outside, since theirs alot of snow.

nzkiwiguy

by nzkiwiguy

Spytech is right about the FSA being stiff. I use their pro cranks on my MTB single speed (after having them geared for about 2000miles) and they still kick arse. Just make sure you get a good BB for stiffness as well.

spytech

by spytech

well, i have the fsa pro ti. thinking of getting the american classic isis BB. because of their C-moly spindle.

nzkiwiguy

by nzkiwiguy

I have heard nothing but good things about the AC BB's. The problem is availability. The ISIS is not available at the moment. Square taper only

spytech

by spytech

i too have heard good things on the AC isis BB. but when will it be available :?:

nzkiwiguy

by nzkiwiguy

spytech. I had a thread with another WW recently. They rejected most of their 2003 ISIS BB's due to tolence's not being tight enough. The best I have heard is April but that was from a LBS. Check their website and email them.

By the way going with your recommendation on the tufo tub/clinchers. Putting them on my 404 clinchers for training

spytech

by spytech

let me know how you lilke them. you can also get the jet elite, which are about 80 grams lighter (each)

Mav54

by Mav54

How do you like the Deda Synapsi?

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

As a Giant-Weenie I think I have to ask if you shouldn't have bought a larger L frame. Use a straight seatpost, one 5 mm spacer an a -6 stem. The result would be a bike that looks much cleaner - no MTB like seat post extension and stuff. The longer toptube would fit you much better.

If you do exclusively time trials/triathlon, well then it's ok.

spytech

by spytech

i have tried the Large frame and it is too big for me, it is 58.5 top tube, i would ride a 58 but i would prefer smaller frame than a larger one. the compact frame in a med. 55.5 in top tube an 130cm stem is a fine ride for me.

i like the synapsi bars, they are heavy not a weight wennie part, but i like the flat top, if your not going to use the aero extention, i would say go for the alanera. i was thinking of getting a more tradition bar, but man i like the bars. my next setup will be sytace f99 with schmolke sl bars, if i choose to change my bars.

storcky

by storcky

hi, very nice bike!!! and thank you for the crankset...it´s great!!!!

spytech

by spytech

No problem. i am glad you got them ok, i have never shipped to germany. post pics of your bike with the FSA superlight cranks.

i might get another giant if i can get the advanced with the integrated seatpost. i can not get it here in USA, but maybe the the NYC giant rep. can get me one.

spoke n words

by spoke n words

Just happened to be reading the comments on the AC BB and I must say that I found it to be the flexiest BB Ive ever used. I went with the FSA ti and it was stiffer by far. It surprised me a great deal. Having said that, if anyone wants one I have two I can sell!
I ultimately swithed to Dura Ace with my Campy setup and havent looked back!

by Weenie