Help Fuji SST 2.0

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kelso012

by kelso012

I recently bought a 2010 fuji sst 2.0 and thought the seatpost was going to be high enough but it is a few cm to short. i have researched and tried to find a fix for this but doesnt seem like there is much hope. i was thinking of having someone do some carbon work and extend the seatpost a little but i cant find anyone to do this other than a company in australia and might as well buy a new frame for the cost. I also contacted fuji about getting a seatpost and clamp from the non isp version but they will not do this. does anyone have any suggestions or know of a seatpost that will work with this frame so i can make it into basically a non isp.

any advice appreciated.

Fixie82

by Fixie82

How many cm's too short is it?

If its only a bit you might be able to find a saddle with higher rails to make up the difference? Not ideal and wouldn't be able to make up a large difference but could be worth a look. There is a good 1cm hight difference between my Arione and an old Flite.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fletch62

by fletch62

Does it have the Ritchey aero ISP seat mast head? I think they had an extended version for such cases as yours. But good luck finding one. Also think it came on Wilier, Scott and GT frames.

JN2Wheels

by JN2Wheels

The seatpost topper can handle up to 2cm extension. You just need to find some shims... A fuji dealer should have some, or at least leftover isp that you can cut to size. Also consider a new saddle with larger rail to seat top dimension, if you are really close and need those extra few mm to stay within 2cm.

kelso012

by kelso012

thanks for the replies...i think ill need a little more than larger seat rails...but could be helpful. im not real familiar with shim deal your talking about with the post topper near the top of the seatpost i still need to go up about 2.5-3cm. it has an oval concept seatpost topper. where exactly are you placing shims to get height and keep it from moving. with it placed in the high position now it rocks back and forth due to not enough support from seatpost.

kelso012

by kelso012

i think i figured it out. adding spacers under the seatpost topper.... ill give that i try and see how much i can get and if it stops it from moving.

JN2Wheels

by JN2Wheels

The topper should sit on ISP, not just stay in place with bolt tension. The 2cm is the maximum amount of spacer/shim material you can stack on top of the cut ISP for the topper to sit on.

kelso012

by kelso012

ok that and a seat may make up enough difference. hopefully

doomith

by doomith

There is an extra large seat topper too with 4cm worth of increase. Ritchey do it too

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kelso012

by kelso012

ya ive tried to find one but im having a hard time finding the right one in teardrop shape. my other option is that i can have a fabricated extension piece made to fit into the seatpost and have a lip that would rest on the existing seatpost and is exact teardrop shape and diameter. so the topper could be on that, but this piece would have to be epoxied or something to stay in place. i was trying to avoid this...but it would give me the height i need easily. any thoughts.