Power2Max HUGE Price Drop!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Nicolas, will the Praxis chainring option be available in Europe as well?
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

jever98

by jever98

@mrlobber: we're still working that out.

Cheers
Nicolas
----
No longer in the industry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

vmb95

by vmb95

Nicolas,
I have Wilier Blade with Campa onboard and Wilier integrated BB93,
what options do you recommend for this setup?
I really want to use Power2Max, please advise.

jever98

by jever98

Hi vmb95,

so far we had issues with Willier frames fitting beause of their massive bottom brackets. Type S should help there. If you can check the outside diameter of the bottom bracket opening I can tell you if you can use the current version or if you need to wait for Type S. See here for the diameter to measure: http://www.power2max.de/northamerica/su ... standards/

Cheers
Nicolas
----

vmb95

by vmb95

Thanks, I will measure soon and let you know.

Grill

by Grill

Nicolas,

Are you going to sort out your shipping costs for accessories? I tried to order a new decal for my P2M as I've swapped bikes and the colors don't match, but the shipping charge to the UK was 20 euros. A bit much on a 4 euro item that can be shoved in an envelope...

djm

by djm

As maquisard points out this protection is what I am after. If for some reason the seller fails to meet his obligations I can direct my legal action towards the card issuer. I am sure Finnish consumer law contains this rule?

jever98

by jever98

Hi Grill,

was that recently? We have tailored our shipping cost with the new site - small items like the battery or the sticker should be cheaper now (€4.90).

Cheers
Nicolas
----

worstshotever

by worstshotever

Just to confirm -- so the new Type S will be compatible with older Cannondale SiSl cranks in addition to the newer SiSl(2)? Very interested given the new price structure.

MarkThailand

by MarkThailand

What chain rings would you recommend for the Shimano 11-speed 9070 DI2 drivetrain?

Mark
2012 Lynskey R330 with SRAM Red Quarq
2013 Parlee Z1 with DA 9070
2013 Lynskey Helix OS II with SRAM Red

jever98

by jever98

@MarkThailand: it depends, I guess. If you really love your 9070 chain rings and can wait till February, then you can order the Type S with the Shimano 4-bolt pattern.

Other than that it's a question of whether you prefer round or oval rings. In North America we have Praxis rings, that are very highly rated for their ride quality, and BOR rings, that are also high quality, but more on the weight weenie side. And then there are Q-Rings, of course, if you prefer oval rings.

Hope this helps,

Best
Nicolas
----

stoobydale

by stoobydale

Maybe some of the USA based powermeter makers will do the same for the UK/ Euroean market? :shock:

KWalker

by KWalker

eurperg wrote:Isn't it possible everywhere to withdraw credit from your Visa to your bank account, and then pay via bank transfer? That way you get the flexibility of card payment.

In the US those transfers have high interest rates and can reduce your credit score.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

MarkThailand

by MarkThailand

jever98 wrote:@MarkThailand: it depends, I guess. If you really love your 9070 chain rings and can wait till February, then you can order the Type S with the Shimano 4-bolt pattern.

Other than that it's a question of whether you prefer round or oval rings. In North America we have Praxis rings, that are very highly rated for their ride quality, and BOR rings, that are also high quality, but more on the weight weenie side. And then there are Q-Rings, of course, if you prefer oval rings.

Hope this helps,

Best
Nicolas

I actually have the Cannonade SISL2 crank with the Spiderrings but wanted a power meter option. I got the Spiderrings because they were the only non-Shimano rings that specifically state that they would work with the 11-speed gears.

Regarding the Praxis rings, I read somewhere that there is an issue using them for 11-speed gears and thus was wondering about using them what alternatives are there. I wonder if Rotor had stated that their round rings will specifically work with 11-speed gears.

Thanks.

Mark
2012 Lynskey R330 with SRAM Red Quarq
2013 Parlee Z1 with DA 9070
2013 Lynskey Helix OS II with SRAM Red

AFA

by AFA

You can use your credit card to fund PayPal directly, no need to withdraw credit to your bank account (at least in the US). The PayPal transaction will show on your credit card statement the same as a purchase. PayPal also offers the same buyer protection as a credit card. If you have some issue with your purchase and cannot resolve it with the merchant/seller you can make a claim with PayPal the same as you would with a credit card. If PayPal finds in your favor they will issue a refund.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com