Power2Max HUGE Price Drop!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CerveloBert

by CerveloBert

Info here: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/09/powe ... raxis.html

I am a huge fan of this power meter. It is one of the most no-nonsense PM's on the market and the issues with temperature drift that the first version of the power meter had are non-existent in the current revisions. I like the where the company is going by cutting out the middleman and being a P2M user for the past 18 months has made me a believer. Time to get one for my TT bike now.

P.S. - I am in no-way affiliated with this company or benefit from the sales of this item. I just think the product rocks.

Danza

by Danza

Makes sense since there wouldn't be much of a point to purchase the 1st gen when the Type S is available.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bricky21

by bricky21

Note that unfortunately these pricing shifts won’t be coming to the European market (or anywhere outside North America)

Anyone know what that's all about? Where the European/Asian/Aussie/South American prices already %20 cheaper than North American prices?

weekapaugin

by weekapaugin

this is pretty awesome, big props to p2m, I would imagine this gives them a huge leg up in North America. I just priced out the rotor 3d+ unit with praxis rings and bb30 bb, and it ends up being less expensive than the 3D+ p2m was originally priced. I'm very excited to put an order together!

jever98

by jever98

Hi all,

Nicolas from power2max here.

@CerveloBert: Thanks for the vote of confidence, we appreciate it :-).

@Danza: It's not a discount because of the Type S - its price has moved, too, from $1160 to $1059. We will be opening pre-orders for it in a couple of weeks and will offer both units so you have the choice - slightly cheaper or slighter slicker and lighter.

@bricky21: our prices in Europe contain 19% VAT. Our US and European prices are now on par. We have chosen to go in the US the way we go in Europe.

Cheers!
Nicolas
----
No longer in the industry

djm

by djm

When will you accept credit cards as a form of payment?

Where I live only the not so serious companies or people who have something to hide do not accept them. Surely the added cost for you will be paid back by the tenfold at least assuming a whole lot of people will be willing to purchase your products if they were allowed to use a credit card.

As a buyer I would like the added protection of a credit card, especially when purchasing from abroad. Had I been a German resident, pursuing you through legal channels would be a lot easier if there was either a legal problem or a problem with the product itself, not that easy when I live in Norway.

Edit, now I see this:
They also noted this morning they’ll be bringing online credit card payments as an option in the next two weeks. This was one of the complaints I had two weeks ago, where the only option previously was bank transfer – which was then upgraded that week to PayPal transfer. So good to see things going in the right direction there.

Will this also be a possibility for Europe?

jever98

by jever98

Hi djm,

I will pass on the feedback and will post about it when there are news. I hope by now we have a sufficient track record that people know that we are a real company.

Best
Nicolas
----

djm

by djm

Thanks for the response! Absolutely. But using a CC just gives some peace of mind from worries that are completely unnecessary to have. This said several of my friends have purchased from you and I have yet to hear a negative story related to the payment method. However I think it would be in the best of both yours and your customers' interest to accept cards - it will most likely increase sales. I'm no expert in sales nor payment methods, but I find it hard to believe it would be a negative despite the fees.

CerveloBert

by CerveloBert

I agree with djm. I personally practice my own reservations when retail sellers do not accept credit card as a viable option.

doomith

by doomith

Would the power2max spider only work on hollowgram cranks (SiSl)?

uraqt

by uraqt

Going to be interesting to see what price the Brim Bros ship at. : )

C

jever98

by jever98

@djm, CerveloBert: at the source it's a cultural thing - German's use credit cards less than other countries and love bank transfers. Will keep at it :-).

@doomith: We presented a new model - Type S - at Eurobike. That will be compatible with Cannondale cranks (we will also have models for Specialized and SRAM S900 / Force2014). Available from February. More info here: http://www.power2max.de/europe/en/power2max-type-s-2/

Cheers
Nicolas
----

djm

by djm

jever98: I'm aware of it. But I'm pretty sure the international market is bigger than the German one :-) It's their loss and to a certain extent mine but I am certain theirs is much bigger, I'm just out of a power meter on my winter training bike, while they are missing a huge amount of sales.

eurperg

by eurperg

Isn't it possible everywhere to withdraw credit from your Visa to your bank account, and then pay via bank transfer? That way you get the flexibility of card payment.

maquisard

by maquisard

The benefit of a credit card is not so much the 'credit' but rather the protection it offers. The credit card company carries responsibility for the goods bought through the card if anything goes wrong.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com