Power2Max HUGE Price Drop!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

igotyofire

by igotyofire

jever98 wrote:Hi,

the Type S models differ by crank, because the crank interfaces differ.

If you want to use a 24mm crank with a conversion BB I would recommend the Rotor 3D with the Rotor or Praxis Works bottom bracket adapter.

You won't be able to use a SL-K crank set because the spider and crank are integrated in one piece and you need a separate spider and crank arm. Hence the recommendation for the Rotor 3D.

Best
Nicolas

Thanks for the quick response, One more question, Does the classic P2M have a LED light for low battery like the Type S, I can't tell from the pictures and it is not mentioned on the selection guide. http://www.power2max.com/northamerica/t ... ion-guide/ The BOR crank option seems interesting, but can not find alot info/reviews about it. but seems like it is a compatible crank to swap to many bikes in the future possibly.

Frankie13

by Frankie13

The classic does not have a LED light at the outside. You have to take the batterie cover of to see the two green LED's.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Funnily enough, my Type-S doesn't flash anything when it fires up. I thought it was meant to flash green each time it's awoken?

Carrots

by Carrots

Spewing about the pricing for these in Aus. Looked like a really good option for a 4 bolt Type S but for the money delivered here I may as well buy a Quarq locally or two Stages.

Any one know if there's any plans to bring Aus pricing (in country) closer to that of EU and US?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mentok

by mentok

have you looked at http://bikecycle.co.nz/ ? they're the local distributor for australia. put the powermeter in your cart and tell them your shipping location and it will subtract nz gst and give you free shipping. prices are competitive at the moment, but the exchange rate pushes them a bit higher than what you could buy from the states if they would shipitto you ;)

Turbopowr

by Turbopowr

Tinea Pedis wrote:Funnily enough, my Type-S doesn't flash anything when it fires up. I thought it was meant to flash green each time it's awoken?

The green light on my Type-S flashes every time it is "woken up".
Hector Cabrera
Orlando, FL
2011 Spec Tarmac Pro DA

igotyofire

by igotyofire

I haven't made a decision yet but just had my BB30 serviced, So my next question I am wondering if I stay with the BB30 is if the Type S version compatible with both versions of the Cannondale crank arms ( Hollowgram SL / Hollowgram SiSL2) ? I think they are exactly the same shape with just a weight difference.

steve6690

by steve6690

I'm pretty much convinced to go with a power2max but I just can't work out which option to take for my specialized roubaix compact. It currently has tiagra 50/34 but I'm changing to ultegra at some point. Shimano 68mm bottom bracket. I'll swap to rotor cranks if I must but would rather not.

steve6690

by steve6690

Had a reply from their support. Looks like I'm changing cranks then :-).