Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About
It is currently Tue May 24, 2016 10:43 pm
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED

If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:10 pm 

Hi guys, :welcome:

my bike is Cervelo R3-sL 6870 with racing 0 :shock:

I gonna upgrade a part of my bike. :mrgreen:

I considered to upgrade the etap/bora one 35/50 /vision m40/zipp404 (crank,pedal.....lol?

I wanna upgrade my frame too. :thumbup:

Im thinking about evo hm 2015 di2 frameset/s-works tarmac 2015. (supersixevo hmdi2 is 23k and tarmac 45k)

Supersix evo team colour is my dream bike, but the di2 is black-green lol. also, the team is not di2 ver.

S-works tarmac's bb stiffness is great.

Which one is the more comfort one?

However, is it a big difference between r3-sl and evohm/tarmac? :smartass:

Should I give up to upgrade the frame? :noidea: (upgrade myself lol)

Could anyone/owner of those bikes give some suggestions? :beerchug:

Last edited by shing1919 on Fri May 20, 2016 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 5:31 am 

Lots of experience with two of these bikes, the Cervelo and the C'dale. I've owned several of both and currently own the C'dale Evo Hi-Mod with Campy Record. Having owned a 2015 Hi-Mod and now a 2016, I can tell you there is quite a difference. The 2016 Evo Hi-Mod is way stiffer. The BB is a touch bigger---sort of a half assed BBRight---but this is lay up stiffness and not some minor tweak with a bb shell I'm talking about. I actually don't like it and I'm going to get rid of it after only a few months ownership. It's as stiff in many ways as my old Cento1 SR, which was jarring and wore me down. I went away from the R3 because the styling is the "same old thing" and the last two model years of Cervelo colors and graphics have been awful. But, the R3 is the best bike I've come across to do everything. It rides and steers like my old Six13, which is high praise. I think to regular, non-HiMod Evo is a better all around bike than the HiMod. I realize this is Weight Weenies and all, but seriously, there's more to life than just grams. Ride and performance matter most.

So, I'd stick with the R3. It does everything the R5 does for less money and a better ride with similar handling characteristics.

Bora 1's on a bike with anything other than Campy? Parrish the thought.

Etap...wait a year. It's made by Sram. Wait. See what fails. I want to like Sram, but having too much experience with it has told me there are significant dependability issue over time. Their stuff doesn't wear-in, it wears out. GET Di2! It's freaking amazing. Dead on reliable and cheap. Hey, I'm a Campy guy, but facts are facts.

Vision wheels are rubbish. Zipp wheels are quite good, but all the cool kids have Enve's. It's not because they're better, it's just that Zipp's are "old".

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 6:43 am 

Thanks a lot, CerveloP56Gman. :goodpost:

My dream wheelset is ENVE SES 4.5 but its too expensive :lol:
Zipp404 price is on budget but Sydney is 80% up and down hills, 20% flat road. (some review said, 303 is a gd all-round wheelset but the weight is 165xg :scared:
High profile might not be suitable for me..
the 3x-4xmm one might be better. ( but i think its similar to the r0, so I may not buy the 3x-4xmm wheelset)

I tried the dale evo standard 14. It feels soft and waste the power( compare with synapse,r3)
For the 2015 dale himod and cervelo R3, whats the difference between those? (stiffness,comfort)
If its stiffer than r3 and more comfort, I may get it. (team evo is my dream bike :beerchug:

Im using ultegra di2 groupset, its gd. For the etap, I only wanna try the wireless and ligther feeling 8)
My fd tried the etap in Local bike store, he said its slower than di2 but its more accurate to shift the front and rear derailleur at the same time. :o

Some ppl said evo,hi-mod,nano are same, the difference is weight only :unbelievable:
If its true, I will give up evo hm 15 :roll:

I may consider about aero frame. (I tried my fd's s2, i can feel blending in the bb :hello: )

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 7:39 am 

Tarmac is definitely an upgrade from R3 - I don’t like external cable routing of Cannondale.

Sram bet in electronic shifting had to be reliable - eTap groupset working perfectly with zero problems reported from users.
It has been tested for more than 2 years so final product is reliable as it should be.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 7:53 am 

Chatting to a mate on a ride this morning (who has experience with both bikes), he said that the Tarmac has a better over all ride quality over the 16' evo. What that means... I dont know. But I trust the guy. The 2015 evo is a bit soft, especially comapred to the new Tarmac. Personally I wouldnt get either - BORING

Time ZXRS
Giant TCR SL
Ridley Noah
Look 585
Cervelo Soloist Carbon

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 6:29 am 

Zappafile these three frames are not less boring compared to these you listed that you owned - especially Oltre & TCR are not my favourites....

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:30 am 

the new tcr sounds gd, but its hard to sell because of the seatpost.

Is it stupid to upgrade the 6870 to 9000 lol?

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:11 am 

Evo HM is much lighter and nimble in my experience.