BMC TMR01 vs. Giant Propel

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

I very much question Giants published weight for the Venge.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stats

by Stats

I would personally buy the BMC - purely from an aesthetics and brand impressive-ness standpoint.

In Australia at least, Giants are very common and appear to have the worst re-sale value, however my personal recent experience with their warranty has been positive overall so that's one plus.

When it comes to scientific or statistical claims on aero bikes, I personally wouldn't put much weighting on that in your decision making process - there is too much variability between testing methods and standards and the data is often skewed at best.

cape

by cape

She is so sexy, and a really comfortable ride compared to my old R3-sl. A huge improvement in cornering too.Image

fogflip

by fogflip

cape wrote:She is so sexy, and a really comfortable ride compared to my old R3-sl. A huge improvement in cornering too.Image

What size is that and your height?

cape

by cape

Its a M/L so 57 tt, im 6'1'' and i have a 33'' inseam. I have long arms so it has a 120mm stem. The only complaint is that, there is some internal cable slap when I hit really hard bumps. The brakes are on par with 7900 duraace.