BeOne Road Bikes?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

aserota

by aserota

Hi all,

Currently looking for a new roadbike and have £2,000 to play with (but need the bike in the next 7 days). This BeOne Raw Comp looks pretty recent for the money:
http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/b ... -bike.html

Any fellow owners here? or other recommendations?

Ad

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Beone used to be part of the Batavus brand in Holland. Batavus then sold their sportive part to another company and batavus went on building Dutch bikes, like they always did.
The beone brand was sold on and didn't realy catch on anymore. The last company that carried them in Holland went belly up this year and with that the brand was put to rest.

I guess that the bike you are looking at might be a bike that was left over at the factory. And the seller that you are willing to buy it from bought it for a steal. Make sure that you get decent warranty if you buy it.

When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

ninjaman

by ninjaman

The visual element is lacking on these steeds.

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

We used to carry the RAW frames.....very decent frame for the $$$$. I did have a BB30 shell coming loose on one of the first models but later ones are good.
BB30, tapper steerer, internal cable routing....pretty fast frame.
Like Frankie-B mentioned they closed shop so be sure they will provide some kind of money back or replacement in case of the worst.