2014 Easton EC90 Aero

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

s4life

by s4life

This wheel set costs around 2800. I am thinking of getting it, for that kind of money it better be as good as anything I can buy in the market. Has anyone tried it? I'd like to hear your opinion.

Thanks!

Chello

by Chello

They've made significant changes to the hubs that should address the bearing issues of the previous generation. The new rim shape should perform well too. They should be a direct competitor to the Zipp 404, Bontrager Aeoleus 5, and any other 50-60mm depth carbon wheel-set.

I haven't ridden them myself but from the looks of it they should be right in line with their competitors. Doesn't look like any reviews have popped up yet so unless someone with first hand knowledge chimes in you'll be going in blind.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ichobi

by ichobi

I made similar topic last week. They are not released yet, expect delivery in winter.

maggierose
Shop Owner

by maggierose

The Easton's look really nice. Looks like they cribbed the rim shape originally popularized by HED and then built a hub with many of Alchemy's features. The problem is the price. Why wouldn't you just buy ENVE 6.7's with Alchemy hubs?

If you're going to use far east labor the product should cost less than a set of US made hubs and hoops. And I'm betting you could source Alchemy/Enve 6.7's for the same coin. Oh and you could have had them for a year already.

Just my 2 cents...

Doolop

by Doolop

maggierose wrote:
If you're going to use far east labor the product should cost less than a set of US made hubs and hoops.
Just my 2 cents...

I agree with your post, but Easton rims are not made in the far east, their rims are built in Mexico.

s4life

by s4life

Oh, jenson USA has them in stock.. well I think they do. They look vastly improved over the current ones for sure... I guess I will research a bit more. It's true I can get the Enve SES wheels for the same amount of money.
ichobi wrote:I made similar topic last week. They are not released yet, expect delivery in winter.

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

Definitely looks like a wheelset worth looking into! Just when I thought I had my next purchased all worked out. At least 3 new contenders appear on the market.

veganeric

by veganeric

Lava has the most thorough write up on them I've seen so far. They look very impressive!

http://lavamagazine.com/jack-of-all-tra ... heel-line/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TrekUk
Shop Owner

by TrekUk

Madone Five Series 2013
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
Mavic Cosmic SLE 2013