Swapping a Super six Evo chainset to Dura Ace 9000 advice...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

diegogarcia

by diegogarcia

Ref - Swapping a Super six Evo chainset hollowgram/spiderrings 2013 to Dura Ace 9000 advice.

So much as I appreciate the weight and stiffness of the Cannondale Chainset, I am finding the length too long for my diddy legs - especially 53/39 on a 54cm frame. As such, thinking about taking it off and going Dura Ace but unsure how to adapt it to a shimano BB as obviously BB30.

Any tips appreciated. Furthermore, whilst it is apart, can I put a chris king in there to take Dura Ace...?

Thanks in advance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

goodboyr

by goodboyr

I just did the same thing on a supersix evo himod frame. I used the praxisworks conversion bb. Its the best solution to this.

eric

by eric

A bit of searching would find you many different solutions to put Shimano cranks in a BB30 frame. There's two types- adapters that match the Shimano spindle to BB30 bearings, and adapters that fit into a BB30 shell and contain smaller bearings that take a Shimano spindle. The first kind are lighter and easier to install. Wheels Mfg makes the most common ones. I don't think Chris King makes either type.

Of course you don't need to go to 9000 to get a shorter crank as Hollowgrams can be had in many lengths too.

diegogarcia

by diegogarcia

goodboyr wrote:I just did the same thing on a supersix evo himod frame. I used the praxisworks conversion bb. Its the best solution to this.

Lovely. Will google. Thanks.

diegogarcia

by diegogarcia

eric wrote:A bit of searching would find you many different solutions to put Shimano cranks in a BB30 frame. There's two types- adapters that match the Shimano spindle to BB30 bearings, and adapters that fit into a BB30 shell and contain smaller bearings that take a Shimano spindle. The first kind are lighter and easier to install. Wheels Mfg makes the most common ones. I don't think Chris King makes either type.

Of course you don't need to go to 9000 to get a shorter crank as Hollowgrams can be had in many lengths too.

really, never seen them on sale here in the UK.

bmxbandit

by bmxbandit

^ I'm sure they're available to order in the UK, will check tomorrow. But as already said, get a praxis bb they're really good :)

bmxbandit

by bmxbandit

sorry double post

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

diegogarcia wrote:Ref - Swapping a Super six Evo chainset hollowgram/spiderrings 2013 to Dura Ace 9000 advice.

So much as I appreciate the weight and stiffness of the Cannondale Chainset, I am finding the length too long for my diddy legs - especially 53/39 on a 54cm frame. As such, thinking about taking it off and going Dura Ace but unsure how to adapt it to a shimano BB as obviously BB30.

Any tips appreciated. Furthermore, whilst it is apart, can I put a chris king in there to take Dura Ace...?

Thanks in advance.

If it is just the length that is the problem, then change the cranks for a different length perhaps?
If you are thinking it is the 53/39 that is the problem, then change the chainset.

Grill

by Grill

H0RSE

by H0RSE

53/39 is diameter of chainwheel gear not length.

deltree

by deltree

diegogarcia wrote:
eric wrote:A bit of searching would find you many different solutions to put Shimano cranks in a BB30 frame. There's two types- adapters that match the Shimano spindle to BB30 bearings, and adapters that fit into a BB30 shell and contain smaller bearings that take a Shimano spindle. The first kind are lighter and easier to install. Wheels Mfg makes the most common ones. I don't think Chris King makes either type.

really, never seen them on sale here in the UK.

Cycling Sports Group can supply them. I recently ordered a set of SiSLs in 170mm. 4 week wait from Germany. Worth it though. They may have more in stock for immediate dispatch now though. They do have an eye-wateringly expensive RRP.

If you want the Praxis BB (which is indeed the best option for running Hollowtech 2 IMHO) Upgrade Bikes supply those. Stock is limited on the BB30 version but the PF30 will work if you remove the sleeve.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Super six evo frames are PF30

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com