Garmin 810 live track issues??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

williamsf1

by williamsf1

I loved my garmin edge 800 and then was convinced to get the 810 with really the only feature I wanted extra being the LIVE TRACK....

turns out it is awesome! but only worked for a few weeks....

and now with firmware 2.7 its pretty much an 800 unit now!!

GRRRRR

any tips for getting my live track back???

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

i would reset the garmin and try it out. I only had a problem with it the first time i used the 810 after the update. since then, no problems.

vinceflynow

by vinceflynow

After upgrading to firmware 2.7, I had to re-pair the Garmin Edge 810 and the phone. Remove the phone from the Garmin, and remove the Garmin from the phone. Then start over, and pair the two.

addictR1

by addictR1

i'm on the FW2.5 and already needed to pair and unpair with my S4. live track issue goes off and on.. it's a known issue on the garmin forum. new FW2.7 doesn't seem to address that. so i'm still sticking with the 2.5 until something better fix comes about.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

I had a problem on my ride yesterday, where I started LiveTrack, and all was well for about 5 minutes, then it stopped working (phone dropped off, per the Garmin, but my iphone still showed the connection to the Garmin as active). I took out my phone, shut down all running apps (including Garmin Connect), then started GC again, and it picked up the device and LiveTrack without interruption. I even checked with my wife, who was able to track my entire ride without problems.

There's definitely a bug, but I think it can be worked around mid-ride. However, I will admit it is very annoying.