2014 Giro Prolight SLX II

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

applebaconator

by applebaconator

Launches sometime in October 2013. Even though the shoes have not released yet, Extreme Supply is already offering to let people order them ahead of time.

Uses Evofiber, unlike the previous version (2012 model) Teijin AG100 microfiber. Supposed to be lighter material. According to Arts Cyclery, it "fuses the best attributes of mesh and microfiber to create a fabric that repels water, improves breathability, increases durability and lowers weight" and "supposedly doesn’t stretch, yet remains supple".

The 2 little bolts in the heel pad looks like Giro listened to customer feedback and realized they want replaceable heel pad, which was missing in the older Prolight SLX model. Good on Giro.

The EC90 sole looks even more sculpted to shave more weight too.

Old ones weighed in at 410g/pairs, new ones are at 205g each, so same weight. Way lighter than Sidi Vent Carbon too.

The matte black with white strap over the middle looks awkward (trying too hard to be the poor man version of the Rapha Grand Tour, which is also made by Giro), but the other colors look good. I was hoping for an all matte black one.

Last edited by applebaconator on Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Curious George

by Curious George

Oh hell yes!
Started on the current model before going through specialized -> sidi -> back to where I started.
My current pair (in white) are getting a bit worn so I think I just found my xmas present from the wife.

Digging the orange 8)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Is it just me or do the holes for the cleats look set further back than I'm used to seeing? Could just be the picture as well.
Speedplay is the devil!

rowdysluggins

by rowdysluggins

Those look pretty nice. Anyone know how they fit compared to S-Works (since I can't get the new S-Works, which was my original intention).

applebaconator

by applebaconator

rowdysluggins wrote:Those look pretty nice. Anyone know how they fit compared to S-Works (since I can't get the new S-Works, which was my original intention).

The 2012 Giro Prolight fitted very much like the 2013 S-Works of the same size (more for people with low volume, skinny feet), although the toe box is roomier.