HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 79  Next
 Post subject: Re: Felt 2014 AR1
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:31 pm 

aaric wrote:
Not quite done, but a picture nonetheless.

Just out if interest what have you still to do? Looks pretty finished to me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:15 pm 

Short term:
3T ergonova LTD bar on order. Anodized Red skewers. Anodized red chainring bolts. Aican brake cables w/ an inline brake cable adjuster. Also going to wire in some cateye buttons as a second set of sprint shifters on the tops.

Should drop about 130g from the bars, and 25 or so from the brakes, and get under 7Kg. Red anodized is just for bling ;)

Longer term list (depending on how all the parts for my old bikes sell, of course):
Dura ace shifters, KMC DLC black/red chain, ee cycleworks brakes, and maybe some 50mm ish race day tubs.

Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:15 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:47 pm 
in the industry

Porkinson wrote:
SuperDave wrote:

The 3T internals are available on our website and replacement VM seatposts can be ordered from our Dealer Support center via your Felt Retailer.
http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2014/Pa ... Rails.aspx

-SD

The oval clamps on the VM post only take saddle rails that are exactly 10mm. Is there any way to purchase the Felt version of the post in the UK?

Thanks,

Simon

Yes. Your local Felt Dealer can order them through the Felt distributor in the UK - Saddleback who can access these parts through our global distribution center in Germany.
-SD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:13 pm 

SuperDave wrote:

Yes. Your local Felt Dealer can order them through the Felt distributor in the UK - Saddleback who can access these parts through our global distribution center in Germany.
-SD

Many thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:17 pm 

Just out of interest Simon, if you manage to get hold of the Felt clamp version of the seat post would you be willing to sell the 3T version?

It would be nice to have 2 posts one for road and one for TT.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:21 pm 

mitchgixer6 wrote:
Just out of interest Simon, if you manage to get hold of the Felt clamp version of the seat post would you be willing to sell the 3T version?

It would be nice to have 2 posts one for road and one for TT.

Yeah, I'm still waiting to hear from my dealer (no idea how much the new post costs) but I'd be happy to get rid of the 3T post complete with thread stripped insert.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:36 am 

Is anyone able to tell me what length EW-SD50 Di2 wires I need to get for a 54cm AR frame?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:22 pm 
in the industry

Addie wrote:
Is anyone able to tell me what length EW-SD50 Di2 wires I need to get for a 54cm AR frame?

2 x 350 ST
1 x 400 FD
1 x 450 RD
1 x 1000 (for ease of seatpost adjustment/removal)
1 x 750 DT

You can use a shorter wire in the seat tube and downtube if you want to shave a couple grams but it makes installation and service more challenging. For OEM I specify 550mm on the chainstay RD wire so when packing/traveling with the bike you can removed the R/D from the hanger and wrap/pad it and tuck it into the rear wheel so any external impact doesn't damage it as it isn't e..xposed that way.

As all wires will be routed internally except the handlebar wires (which can be tucked under your bar tape) there is no risk in getting the longest wires available and just stuffing the extra in the frame.

When you order you kit be sure to get SW-610 sprint shifters. These are a huge add-on worth the price of Di2 alone.
You might also consider a 5 port Junction-A if you ever want to add aerobars + shifters to your ride. I use the 5 port junction on the AR FRD OEM loom for that reason as the AR makes a handy multisport bike, too.

-SD
-SD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:20 am 

SuperDave wrote:
Addie wrote:

2 x 350 ST
1 x 400 FD
1 x 450 RD
1 x 1000 (for ease of seatpost adjustment/removal)
1 x 750 DT

You can use a shorter wire in the seat tube and downtube if you want to shave a couple grams but it makes installation and service more challenging. For OEM I specify 550mm on the chainstay RD wire so when packing/traveling with the bike you can removed the R/D from the hanger and wrap/pad it and tuck it into the rear wheel so any external impact doesn't damage it as it isn't e..xposed that way.

As all wires will be routed internally except the handlebar wires (which can be tucked under your bar tape) there is no risk in getting the longest wires available and just stuffing the extra in the frame.

When you order you kit be sure to get SW-610 sprint shifters. These are a huge add-on worth the price of Di2 alone.
You might also consider a 5 port Junction-A if you ever want to add aerobars + shifters to your ride. I use the 5 port junction on the AR FRD OEM loom for that reason as the AR makes a handy multisport bike, too.

-SD
-SD

Thanks!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:35 pm 

To be really annoying and not troll thru the other 62 pages of this thread....the adapter that comes for BB30-24mm is that only for Shimano integration, can Campag Ultra Torq be used w/ it?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:18 pm 
in the industry

ultyguy wrote:
To be really annoying and not troll thru the other 62 pages of this thread....the adapter that comes for BB30-24mm is that only for Shimano integration, can Campag Ultra Torq be used w/ it?

Yes, it is actually original equipment on the 2014 AR3 EPS.
-SD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:29 pm 

I feel a lot of enthusiasm about the AR1 in this forum one of the reasons for me to invest in the frame. However, I wan to share my so far experience with the frame. I plan to post as these issues hopefully gets solved, comments are of course welcome.

1. My rear wheel is rubbing the brake. I’ve loosened the brake as much as possible it doesn’t engage before maybe 1 cm from the handlebar. There is a huge clearance to the brake pads, however it still rubs a bit when standing in the pedals. I’m 76 kg on a 56 cm frame using brand new supposedly very stiff Mavic C40’s. I’ve don’t have at hand other 11-speed rear wheels but plan to try out such wheels to rule out the wheel component. Basically I think there is something wrong with the frame but how do I prove this to Felt. I of course bought the frame in an internet shop (no Danish dealers) so there is no LBS to go to.

2. The crank is making a lot of creaking noise and I mean a lot! Later I noticed that there was also a little play in the crank. It turns without excessive resistance. When unpacking the bearings I noticed that they went pretty far into the bottom bracket with light finger pressure. My theory is that the tolerance is to big. The bike is now back at the LBS that mounted them. The LBS think that it is the bearing that are defect. That might be but honestly, less than 100 km on them and why should they lead to extreme creaking. Now I’m waiting on week 2 for them to get the spares.

As mentioned comments, suggestions, similar experiences

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:39 pm 

1. What brake ate you using? Which brake lever?

2. Unpacking? They're sealed cartridge bearings and, once properly installed, shouldn't move at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:09 pm 

Looking for some suggestions on bars. I've been running Zipp Contours and love them but they're not clip on compatible and I really want to use the AR1 for TTs. Consequently, I'm in search of an aero, flat-top bar that accepts clip ons and has the same or shorter reach as the Contours (84.5). I'm ok with replacing my stem as long as it is with a longer one. The only options I've found so far are the 3T Aeronova (much longer reach means shorter stem, ugh) and the Enve road Aero which is heavy and only works with Enve's own clip ons.

Any ideas?

Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:09 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:38 pm 
in the industry

Mize wrote:
Looking for some suggestions on bars. I've been running Zipp Contours and love them but they're not clip on compatible and I really want to use the AR1 for TTs. Consequently, I'm in search of an aero, flat-top bar that accepts clip ons and has the same or shorter reach as the Contours (84.5). I'm ok with replacing my stem as long as it is with a longer one. The only options I've found so far are the 3T Aeronova (much longer reach means shorter stem, ugh) and the Enve road Aero which is heavy and only works with Enve's own clip ons.

Any ideas?

Bontrager? 3T Ergonova?

-SD

Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 79  Next