Felt 2014 AR1

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Twinning

by Twinning

gdherrera wrote:Image
wowzer! Look at that cassette.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mitchgixer6

by mitchgixer6

Which rear light is that?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

I'm curious as to why you opted for an AR1 with Ultegra Di2 instead of the AR2? Color preference?

-Dave

Porkinson

by Porkinson

SD thank you for replying.

The dealer checked with Saddleback. If I understand you correctly you are suggesting that the most likely explanation is that Felt Germany allocated Saddleback some AR1s, then realized they didn't have enough and so canceled the Saddlebacks allocation until more had arrived. Obviously someone had to miss out and there's nothing sinister going on here, just unfortunate for me that it was the UK.

However, I'm guessing it takes about a month for a boat to get from the far east to Germany and they would have known exactly how many they put on the boat. How comes felt Germany only told Saddleback a week before they would have been due to ship to the UK that they didn't have any for them when they would have known for some time they didn't have any.

Thanks again,

Simon

mitchgixer6

by mitchgixer6

SuperDave wrote:
I'm headed over to meet with my German colleagues next week and I can ask them about backorders and demand if you like. I know the global volume of AR1 framesets purchased and how Felt arrived at that number to order in 2014. If demand is up 150% then I would expect that supply couldn't possibly keep pace in the beginning of the calendar year.

-Dave

Dave

Would be very much appreciated if you could ask some questions as to what happened to that original estimate of mid January, and of any further information regarding the release of AR1's to the UK. I know you'll be over there for other reasons, but if you do get the chance it would be an valuable insight.

It does seem strange to me that there have been shipments of the other full bikes to the UK already but the AR1 has still to arrive. The dealer I have my order with has the AR4 out for display, but no signs of any other models.

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

Not good light conditions today so the beautiful weave (my wife was impressed) doesn't show up well.

Weights:
Frame (58): 1216g (no bolts, hanger attached)
Fork: 331g (uncut)
Cable stops: 15g (for mechanical setup)
Headset: 53g (with the low cover that I'll use, +26g for tall cover)
Compressor: 38g (incl top cap)
Spacers: 3g/cm (much lighter than using the tall cover)
Cable liners: 6g

Which puts the frameset at 1920g (less the steerer cutoff) for the way I'll use it.

mitchgixer6

by mitchgixer6

Wow! So they've reached NZ already and still none in the UK for at least another 4 weeks. Beginning to suspect a conspiracy myself now! :-)

Thanks for posting the weights.

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

mitchgixer6 wrote:Wow! So they've reached NZ already and still none in the UK for at least another 4 weeks.

I had to pay a small fortune for postage, NZ distributor not carrying stock so it came from the states. Which unfortunately makes it less appealing for my clients to get any Felt that isn't stocked. Still collecting the parts to build it to my liking so will be a week before I can ride it.

mitchgixer6

by mitchgixer6

Ah right. Fair play. Maybe should have gone down that road myself!

gdherrera

by gdherrera

mitchgixer6 wrote:Which rear light is that?

http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product_10052_10551_1152748_-1_400751__400751

This is actually super bright, this is the brightest light I've ever owned!
Gil
Oregon
2014 Felt AR1 11 speep di2
2013 Felt F65x trp hyrd

gdherrera

by gdherrera

SuperDave wrote:

I'm curious as to why you opted for an AR1 with Ultegra Di2 instead of the AR2? Color preference?

-Dave

Dave, short answer I got a smoking deal on DI2 before i purchased the frame. I was going to get the AR5 and swap out the components but for the same price I opted to get frame and hand pick every component. Like the mid cage 6870 RD and monster 11-32 cassette. Plus I wanted to put this together myself.

Cheers,

Gil-
Gil
Oregon
2013 Felt F65x trp hyrd

mitchgixer6

by mitchgixer6

gdherrera wrote:

http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product_10052_10551_1152748_-1_400751__400751

Thanks for that. Looks like I won't be able to get that shipped to the UK. Back to the search for a suitable rear light.....

Twinning

by Twinning

mitchgixer6 wrote:
gdherrera wrote:

Thanks for that. Looks like I won't be able to get that shipped to the UK. Back to the search for a suitable rear light.....

I use this. https://www.serfas.com/products/view/66 ... ail-lights

It's super bright but it points downwards because of the slope of the seat post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gdherrera

by gdherrera

Gil
Oregon
2013 Felt F65x trp hyrd

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mitchgixer6