Felt 2014 AR1

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sijray21

by sijray21

Dandegroot32 wrote:Stiffness wise, I know a sprinter who loves his AR1

can they provide any more details/comparisons?

i'm going to try and test ride an ar4 at my LBS, but haven't gotten around to it yet and the stiffness was my biggest concern.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

simon wrote:that's awesome,thanks!any comments on how they work with wide rims,sram or shimano levers(different ratio)and(to pay this place justice)weight?

Weights:
F: 89
R: 70
Pads: 22

Using Campag levers - work just fine.
Rims shown are 23mm wide, race wheels are 24mm wide Profile Carbon Clinchers.
The ease of pad swapping is rather nice, will get some of the pad holders for my TT bike too.
Function is great. As a larger rider I take good brakes quite seriously and I'm more than happy with these.

spartan

by spartan

where did you buy the ee brakes from? is there a option to purchase just the rear brake ?
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

gdherrera

by gdherrera

mitchgixer6 wrote:Which rear light is that?

found this on wigglehttp://www.wiggle.com/moon-crescent-led-rear-light/
Gil
Oregon
2014 Felt AR1 11 speep di2
2013 Felt F65x trp hyrd

gdherrera

by gdherrera

trilocus wrote:Anyone knows what di2 cable lenght needs a size 54 frame??

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

900 was plenty with the 3 port dura ace junction upfront but i did have to mount the internal junction box in front of the bottom bracket.
Gil
Oregon
2014 Felt AR1 11 speep di2
2013 Felt F65x trp hyrd

trilocus

by trilocus

gdherrera wrote:
trilocus wrote:Anyone knows what di2 cable lenght needs a size 54 frame??

900 was plenty with the 3 port dura ace junction upfront but i did have to mount the internal junction box in front of the bottom bracket.

Thanks!!!!!

Mize

by Mize

Quick update on my AR1:
LOVE the bike. I have three races on it (one podium, two points) and it's a massive upgrade over my Tarmac. Only downside is the LBS I purchase from hosed up all kinds of things. B-screw? Wrong, thanks for that chain suck! Rear d. cable? Too tight so H limit set wrong and couldn't be set properly without adjusting the cable. Every single bolt with a torque spec? Wrong, wrong, wrong. Proper grease on the crankset/BB? Wrong, nice creak, guess I had twenty minutes to kill there too. If anyone has any ideas what else I should check for, please let me know. They even managed to crank the tube-valve nuts (who uses those?) so tight that even they couldn't remove them and had to cut the tube out. Sheesh. How do you do that?

So in sum: amazing bike, terrible LBS build.

mitchgixer6

by mitchgixer6

That's too bad. At least you had some practice maintaining the bike early on!

Has anyone on here in Europe got an AR1 frame yet? Getting close to my estimated delivery of 10th April. Wondering if the frames have maybe landed on mainland Europe yet.

As a side note I had my first ever Crit last weekend. Had to ride it on my winter bike as I'm still waiting on the AR. Came 4th which I was really chuffed with but can only wonder if it would have been different on an AR!!

Mize

by Mize

Yeah, in a way it's good (however maddening) as I have full confidence in the bike while racing as I've basically rebuilt it myself. Hill race this weekend then five days of training in Georgia next week... :)

liketoride

by liketoride

Just got word that my ARfrd is not coming untill april 25. I bought mine in Nov. I was told that it was going to be DEC, then Feb, Then March and Now April=May? Does anyone have their's yet?

mitchgixer6

by mitchgixer6

Where abouts are you?

It's a similar story to my AR1. Ordered late November, originally told January, then slipped to February, then late March now expected 1st week April. I'm in the UK.
Last edited by mitchgixer6 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trilocus

by trilocus

The same to me but i ordered in october. My lbs told me that week 14, the first april's week.

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

I guess until we see both frames on a test rig by the usual magazines doing comparisons, we will just have to wait and see how stiff each really is in comparison.

liketoride

by liketoride

i live in right next to to place where they put the bikes together in California. i ride by their shop in Ontario everyday. SD what gives?

Twinning

by Twinning

simon wrote:@ cyclenutnz
any chance you could post a pic looking down to the bb area where you're able to see where the ee brakes are in reference to the bb?
i'd like to know if i can combine an ar1 frame with a cannondale srm crank and an ee direct mount brake...
if anyone has the same pic with a shimano brake,that would be highly appreciated as well.
thanks!!!

Sorry it took so long to get this picture out. Here it is. This is the dura ace direct mount brake. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com