Felt 2014 AR1

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Twinning

by Twinning

mr928 wrote:-SD

I'd consider an AR1 or AR2. I currently ride an AR0 and I'm sold on Di2[/quote]

How in the world did you get an AR0?![/quote]

I traded my F1 for it. I was told it belonged to a Felt employee previously[/quote]

What is this ar0? Pics??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mr928

by mr928

Twinning wrote:
mr928 wrote:-SD

I'd consider an AR1 or AR2. I currently ride an AR0 and I'm sold on Di2

How in the world did you get an AR0?![/quote]

I traded my F1 for it. I was told it belonged to a Felt employee previously[/quote]

What is this ar0? Pics??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
I don't think I can post pics yet but here's a link from the UK 2011 site http://2011.feltracing.com/United-Kingd ... s/AR0.aspx

emartin

by emartin

Hi,
I need some help about my rear brake. I have a AR2 with Ultegra DI2 and it came with the new Shimano rear direct mount caliper. This new brake worked pretty well but the long "pivot" lever of the unit was in the way of my Stages powermeter. So, after recommendations, I ordered directly from Tektro a T750r rear brake. The caliper came with a small and with a very tight bend "noodle" who look like the one on V-brake.

Installed it and the lever was very hard to depress, we tried to change the original gear housing to Jagwire brake housing and it didn't change a thing.

IMO, it's probably the noodle or the brake itself but this noodle part cannot be change because it's so close to the chainring.

I was thinking of probably try to modify the Shimano caliper by grinding some of the arm but that's a long shot!

Any help?

emartin

by emartin

Would this flexible noodle help me? And is this part available only from TRP?
http://www.trpbrakes.com/category.php?productid=1092&catid=190&subcat=0

trilocus

by trilocus

Any news about ar frd in europe??

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

emartin wrote:Hi,
I need some help about my rear brake. I have a AR2 with Ultegra DI2 and it came with the new Shimano rear direct mount caliper. This new brake worked pretty well but the long "pivot" lever of the unit was in the way of my Stages powermeter. So, after recommendations, I ordered directly from Tektro a T750r rear brake. The caliper came with a small and with a very tight bend "noodle" who look like the one on V-brake.

Installed it and the lever was very hard to depress, we tried to change the original gear housing to Jagwire brake housing and it didn't change a thing.

IMO, it's probably the noodle or the brake itself but this noodle part cannot be change because it's so close to the chainring.

I was thinking of probably try to modify the Shimano caliper by grinding some of the arm but that's a long shot!

Any help?

I also have this T750R brake, but plan to use on a trek madone frame (stages power as well).. I so wanted to use the Dura Ace direct mount and have also though about the grind option.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

emartin

by emartin

spdntrxi wrote:
emartin wrote:Hi,

Any help?

I also have this T750R brake, but plan to use on a trek madone frame (stages power as well).. I so wanted to use the Dura Ace direct mount and have also though about the grind option.

I just finish grinding and I passed the cable inside the bolt. Now the clearance is about 3/16" and because the arm is now shorter the lever is a little stiffer but MUCH better than the result I had with the Tektro caliper. I'll post some pics later.

For me, this is a temporary solution and the ideal setup would be the ebrake direct mount caliper but I emailed a couple of times and always received the "we are working on it" answer... No ETA as a answer.

I'm very open to suggestion and I love everything about this bike except the rear brake. I would rather give 2 or 3 watts to gain in flexibility and ease of use.

Anyhow, I'm open to any suggestions.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I'd love a picture of that... I may take my DA brake to the grinding wheel as well.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

emartin

by emartin

Here's some:

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

so tempted to do this ..even to my DA.. My LBS says Ultegra is slightly different then DA... might have to grind more off DA. Do you also have the 6800 crankset... I"m 9000.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

emartin

by emartin

spdntrxi wrote:so tempted to do this ..even to my DA.. My LBS says Ultegra is slightly different then DA... might have to grind more off DA. Do you also have the 6800 crankset... I"m 9000.

I'm all 6800 and from what I saw, the DA caliper have a tension screw but physically, 6800 and 9000 have the same shape... I work on occasion at my lbs/friend/sponsor bike shop and those groupo have the same design with different color and material.

BTW, if I were you I would rather grind a 105 caliper...same shape but much less expensive.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I'm going to try the tektro first (no grinding) and see how the cable pull feels.. I know the stock bontrager will work and it's good enough.. then I might work on the DA in my free time.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

emartin

by emartin

spdntrxi wrote:I'm going to try the tektro first (no grinding) and see how the cable pull feels.. I know the stock bontrager will work and it's good enough.. then I might work on the DA in my free time.

Tell me how it goes, I may try the flexible noodle with the Tektro. If you have good results, I would be curious on what I did wrong.

I wonder if the Trek Madone rear direct mount brake would fit the AR frame and clear the Stages powermeter. The design seem pretty simple.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I don't see why the bontrager would not fit .. the mounting holes is the same as the tektro. I'd probably still choose the ultegra over the bontrager though.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

emartin

by emartin

spdntrxi wrote:I don't see why the bontrager would not fit .. the mounting holes is the same as the tektro. I'd probably still choose the ultegra over the bontrager though.

Yes but in my application the Ultegra have a clearance issue with my Stages Powermeter.