Felt 2014 AR1

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

trilocus

by trilocus

Any news about availability? Can i use stages power meter in ar1 or frd frame?

Enviado desde mi C6833 mediante Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mize

by Mize

Got word today that now we're shooting for ~Jan 15 :(
Repacked the Tarmac's BB30, put on new SwissStops and flushed fresh grease through my speedplays...more muck rides before the new toy arrives...

Twinning

by Twinning

Mize wrote:Got word today that now we're shooting for ~Jan 15 :(
Repacked the Tarmac's BB30, put on new SwissStops and flushed fresh grease through my speedplays...more muck rides before the new toy arrives...

Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mize

by Mize

Twinning wrote:Where are you located?

Ohio, USA

liketoride

by liketoride

that is the same thing that happened to me. LBS told me dec 14 when i bought it in Nov. Dec 10 comes and i get a phone call to let me know it is now going to be Feb 15. That is why i wrote on here to see if superdave could give me a cleaner idea of when it really would be coming in. Again my LBS has Ar5's on the floor now but it is going to be a little while before i get the bike too.

Twinning

by Twinning

Mine is here and being built. Less than 100 miles away from felt head quarters down in San Diego.

BobCummings

by BobCummings

I received my AR1 frame set yesterday. I am going to start building this weekend. I am ordering the Tektro T740R brake for the rear. I have a question for Super Dave. I just bought a Quarq crankset for my 2012 AR1 with the GXP threaded bottom bracket. What adapter do I need to order to use in my new AR with the BB30 bottom bracket?

Mize

by Mize

Anyone see the AR2 write up on Bikeradar? Nice.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Twinning

by Twinning

Rode my new ar1 over 200 miles now and I just wanted to know if anyone thought the bike was flexy under power also? I came from a s-works Tarmac. Wonder if there are any numbers on lateral stiffness out there. They just compare the new ar frd to the old ar1.

Mize

by Mize

Twinning wrote:Rode my new ar1 over 200 miles now and I just wanted to know if anyone thought the bike was flexy under power also? I came from a s-works Tarmac. Wonder if there are any numbers on lateral stiffness out there. They just compare the new ar frd to the old ar1.

That is not what I wanted to hear ;(
Which S-Works Tarmac are you coming from? SL4 or SL3?

mitchgixer6

by mitchgixer6

Twinning wrote:Rode my new ar1 over 200 miles now and I just wanted to know if anyone thought the bike was flexy under power also? I came from a s-works Tarmac. Wonder if there are any numbers on lateral stiffness out there. They just compare the new ar frd to the old ar1.

I started reading your post expecting to read how happy you are with it. :(

Do you have the time to elaborate on your views on the frame, other than 'it's flexy'?

Mize

by Mize

Along the same lines of questioning..."under power" as in hammering a flat spring or climbing?

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

bb stiffness comparison between new s3 and ar1 would be interesting. this may be a compromise to get better comfort on the ar1

Twinning

by Twinning

I came from a 2010 s-works tarmac sl3, which has been shown to be less stiff than the s-works tarmac and tarmac pro sl4. The frame seems to give laterally near the bottom bracket when doing full on out of the saddle sprints and also while climbing. This may because I am a heavier rider at 200lb and I can put out 1700+ max power. (yes, judge me all you want that I dont have an amazing w/kg ratio, that isnt the point right now). I dont know if my audience is the older weekend riders or if they are younger racers so take this info as you may. I think that this bike looks amazing, the ride is nice, and I get compliments left and right on my weekend rides from people on my team, in my group rides, at stop lights, etc. I have not raced the bike in a crit since the season is just starting back up and I just got this bike less than a week ago.

Twinning

by Twinning

And in full weight weenie fashion. I will attach a picture. Yes there is a lot of steer tube showing. I'm getting my fit completely dialed in before cutting it off.

It has 2012 sram red except for a rear dura ace 9000 direct mount brake. Vuka sprint bars. With 404 tubulars with gator skin comps (yes they are heavier and the ride isn't as amazing as other tires but I am a heavy rider and shred softer tires), the bike weighs in at 15.7 lbs. Not exactly weight weenie but for an aero bike not too bad I suppose.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com