Felt 2014 AR1

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mitchgixer6

by mitchgixer6

Cheers mate. Not sure who the order was with to be honest. He did say he usually gets his bikes directly from Germany as he sells quite a few bikes so Felt usually bypass Saddle back and send him stuff direct.

The email he received was direct from Germany so not sure what's going on.......

Twinning

by Twinning

Porkinson wrote:mitchgixer6, did your dealer have on on order for you from Saddleback and there are absolutely AR1s in the UK, or just new orders?

I ordered one at the weekend after the dealer had spoke to Saddleback who said they were in due in two weeks, but stocks left to order were very low ( two separate dealers both told me there was only one 54cm left to order). Presumably the shipping process from Taiwan takes longer than two weeks and so would have already begun when the dealer spoke to Saddleback at the weekend.

Cheers.

The frames don't come straight from Taiwan. My shop owner told me the frames get sent to irvine, ca in the us to felt hq for qc before being sent out. But then again I'm located in San Diego which is less than a 100 miles from irvine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mitchgixer6

by mitchgixer6

I've been assured by my dealer that when they arrive in the UK he'll be getting one in for me. He's in direct contact with Saddlback and Felt Germany weekly and the latest he has is March.

Seems to be so many different stories circulating about the availability of these frames. Suppose we'll get our frames when we get them. Not much more we can do but wait.

MacRoadie

by MacRoadie

Last edited by MacRoadie on Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mitchgixer6

by mitchgixer6

Damn you MacRoadie! That's just made me even more impatient!

Lovely bike. How'd you find it?

MacRoadie

by MacRoadie

It's a secret. Cannot be divulged... :thumbup:

Twinning

by Twinning

MacRoadie wrote:Image

Hope you are working on that flexibility so that you can slam the stem. Mine is slammed already. Probably going to chop off the rest of the steer tube tomorrow.

MacRoadie

by MacRoadie

Twinning wrote:

Hope you are working on that flexibility so that you can slam the stem. Mine is slammed already. Probably going to chop off the rest of the steer tube tomorrow.

Going in for a fit tomorrow. By the numbers, it's measuring out exactly like my other bikes but with the slightly different geometry we will need to get the fit done then see where we land. Will lop off the steerer then. Right now, the stem is sitting with an equal-sized spacer above and below to give us some range.

Twinning

by Twinning

MacRoadie wrote:
Twinning wrote:

Going in for a fit tomorrow. By the numbers, it's measuring out exactly like my other bikes but with the slightly different geometry we will need to get the fit done then see where we land. Will lop off the steerer then. Right now, the stem is sitting with an equal-sized spacer above and below to give us some range.

Mine came with a headset bearing cover that has almost no stack. Where did yours come from? Probably 2cm in stack.

MacRoadie

by MacRoadie

I re-posted a bigger pic.

Twinning

by Twinning

MacRoadie wrote:I re-posted a bigger pic.

Did you get to ride it yet? Any weights for it yet?

MacRoadie

by MacRoadie

Not ridden yet, and (blasphemy!) not overly concerned about weight. Its a crit bike first and foremost. It's a 58 and will be raced on iRT i50T wheels running Conti Attack/Force Comp tubbies.

Nosuga

by Nosuga

I have had mine for about 2 weeks. It tipped the scales at 15.14 lbs. minus the bag.

Nosuga

by Nosuga

Twinning

by Twinning

Nosuga wrote:Image

What size is your frame?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com