HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1069 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 72  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Felt 2014 AR1
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:10 pm
Posts: 135
Location: Cincinnati Area, Ohio, USA
I've had the hangar replaced once and checked and straightened right before my last race!
(which was a heartbreaker of a race by the way as we had a three-man break that stuck and then I flatted half-way through - eventually one of the others flatted so it was a solo win by several minutes - boo hoo!)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt 2014 AR1
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:47 pm 


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt 2014 AR1
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:55 pm 
Offline
in the industry

Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:57 am
Posts: 395
Location: Irvine, CA
Mize wrote:
I'm getting some strange rear D behavior that I cannot reproduce in my stand. Lucky me it only happens (so far) in races, but it doesn't seem to cause real problems.

Basically it's a sound similar to sticky link and a jumpy shift (not quite complete). If I shift a bit or hammer the sound stops. My new LBS (not the original builder who messed up ever so much) is thinking there is excess friction on the cable and the rear D spring isn't as snappy as it should be. I've verified that the last section of cable tubing is NOT to SRAM spec (required to exit the barrel straight but the original LBS cut it too short so it exits the barrel at an angle). Any other ideas? Could anything about the internal routing (racer's cross) cause a symptom like this? FWIW this is SRAM Red 22. Any help appreciated.


The inner wire runs internally but there is no drag as a result. There is a cable stop on the downtube, a large radius guide under the BB that the cable must pass over (DO NOT run the wire over the BB shell in the frame, it must use the BB guide. Take care not to wind the cables around each other when running them in the frame.

If you used a frame like our F-series with external cable routing there would NOT be less housing, fewer ferrules or housing bends, or any difference in the amount of contact-causing friction on the cables themselves.

-Dave

_________________
www.feltracing.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt 2014 AR1
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:18 pm
Posts: 87
Mize wrote:
I've had the hangar replaced once and checked and straightened right before my last race!
(which was a heartbreaker of a race by the way as we had a three-man break that stuck and then I flatted half-way through - eventually one of the others flatted so it was a solo win by several minutes - boo hoo!)


Felt said that the hanger shouldn't be a problem but I noticed that it kept getting bent and didn't know what it was causing it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt 2014 AR1
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:10 pm
Posts: 135
Location: Cincinnati Area, Ohio, USA
SuperDave wrote:
Mize wrote:
The inner wire runs internally but there is no drag as a result. There is a cable stop on the downtube, a large radius guide under the BB that the cable must pass over (DO NOT run the wire over the BB shell in the frame, it must use the BB guide. Take care not to wind the cables around each other when running them in the frame.

If you used a frame like our F-series with external cable routing there would NOT be less housing, fewer ferrules or housing bends, or any difference in the amount of contact-causing friction on the cables themselves.

-Dave


Right. I'm just wondering if maybe the first shop overlapped the cables internally (not wrapped but the high one went low and vice versa)?
Or perhaps just that improper barrel exit at the rear D is the issue. I'm in no way blaming the frame.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt 2014 AR1
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:20 pm 
Offline
in the industry

Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:57 am
Posts: 395
Location: Irvine, CA
Mize wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
Mize wrote:
The inner wire runs internally but there is no drag as a result. There is a cable stop on the downtube, a large radius guide under the BB that the cable must pass over (DO NOT run the wire over the BB shell in the frame, it must use the BB guide. Take care not to wind the cables around each other when running them in the frame.

If you used a frame like our F-series with external cable routing there would NOT be less housing, fewer ferrules or housing bends, or any difference in the amount of contact-causing friction on the cables themselves.

-Dave


Right. I'm just wondering if maybe the first shop overlapped the cables internally (not wrapped but the high one went low and vice versa)?
Or perhaps just that improper barrel exit at the rear D is the issue. I'm in no way blaming the frame.


Perhaps this could be helpful. I realize the majority of this document is obvious but it makes for simple reference when servicing the bike.
http://www.feltbicycles.com/Resources/M ... _small.pdf

-Dave

_________________
www.feltracing.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt 2014 AR1
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:19 am
Posts: 836
So does the AR1 frame have the same 1k weave as the AR5? I understand a different process and blend of material is used in production but I'm curious of the aesthetic. I haven't found an up close photo of the AR1 yet. (which would be lovely if an owner wanted to contribute)


I'm thinking I've read the answer before but didn't like it so I'm trying to convince myself there's another answer.


Edit: d'oh, that's what I get for phone browsing :oops:


Last edited by Imaking20 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt 2014 AR1
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 216
Krackor wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/o7yuIv8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LHaHE6V.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Ar0GCmf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/MMGciM6.jpg

edit: Temporarily removed the images because they were enormous. How do I post small versions?

The roads are better, but still have some post-winter mess on them, so the bike's not as clean as it could be. :oops:

I used Jagwire Elite Links for brake and shifter cables. Instead of putting on the included rubber donuts, I slipped some black shrink wrap over the parts that might contact the frame.

It turns out I am actually getting some rear brake rub when out of the saddle. It's just a more subtle sound than I am used to so it took me a while to notice it. There's still space to open up the rear brake more, so maybe it's avoidable.

Elite Leggero bottle cage is on its way. It weighed in at 6580g without cages and pedals, so add 225g for Keo Blades and 15g for the cage and total weight should be just about 6820g.

I took the bike out today with a 15-25 mph wind. In crosswinds the bike was a bit of a handful, but not bad enough to require both hands always on the bars.


A quick look back at the previous page reveals these pictures which show the AR1 has the same 1k weave but in matt finish.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt 2014 AR1
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:39 pm 
Offline
in the industry

Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:57 am
Posts: 395
Location: Irvine, CA
Imaking20 wrote:
So does the AR1 frame have the same 1k weave as the AR5? I understand a different process and blend of material is used in production but I'm curious of the aesthetic. I haven't found an up close photo of the AR1 yet. (which would be lovely if an owner wanted to contribute)


I'm thinking I've read the answer before but didn't like it so I'm trying to convince myself there's another answer.


AR1, 2, and 3 use 1kp
AR4 and AR5 use 3kp
AR FRD is something completely different altogether using Oxeon's magic TeXtreme stuff.

-SD

_________________
www.feltracing.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt 2014 AR1
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:19 am
Posts: 836
I fail. Thanks guys.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt 2014 AR1
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 216
Me too!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt 2014 AR1
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:16 pm
Posts: 142
In felt facebook some usa shops are showing the felt ar frd, i hope that ar frd arrives soon to europe


Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt 2014 AR1
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 216
Yeah I spotted that too. Hopefully the AR1's won't be far away either.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt 2014 AR1
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:18 pm
Posts: 87
Nosuga wrote:
I have had mine for about 2 weeks. It tipped the scales at 15.14 lbs. minus the bag.

Image


I see your bike is for sale on eBay.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt 2014 AR1
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:10 pm
Posts: 135
Location: Cincinnati Area, Ohio, USA
Dave,

Is there any chance of a zero offset seat post for the AR1?

Thanks.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt 2014 AR1
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:31 pm 


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt 2014 AR1
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:25 am 
Offline
in the industry

Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:57 am
Posts: 395
Location: Irvine, CA
Mize wrote:
Dave,

Is there any chance of a zero offset seat post for the AR1?

Thanks.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk


Mize,

Yes.

-Dave

_________________
www.feltracing.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1069 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 72  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Eddie138, gmakris, Google [Bot], highdraw, j0oftheworld, raven14, Rick, ridingcoattails, Voye, wilwil and 48 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Felt F1 FRD 2014

[ Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4 ]

in Road

Wildman

52

5695

Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:22 am

upside View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2014 Reynolds Assault Tubular vs 2014 Zipp 404

in Road

lord_brush

4

906

Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:24 pm

lord_brush View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2014 Evo Hi Mod

in Road

Blackbike

2

1925

Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:25 pm

Nebby View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. sram red 22 2014

in Road

KTCY

2

778

Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:28 pm

ToffieBoi View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2014 Rotor 3d+

in Road

drainyoo

9

1747

Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:43 am

743power View the latest post


It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:20 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB