Need help in saddle choice

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

gilldog

by gilldog

I have a Fizik Aliante on the training bike and a selle italia slr xp circa 2002 on my fast bike and they could not be more opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of shape and padding.

I must admit i fell foul of expecting to find saddle nirvana on one particular saddle type, which in practice is never going to happen. As someone has already probably mentioned some people just have a more "verticaly compliant" but and will get on with just about anything. Your decent bike shop will let you loan a saddle with a refundable deposit of the saddle you wish to try in many cases. my personal experience is that over 20 miles i just get used to the discomfort of the slr and if i find i notice it more im generally not working hard enough and need to pedal harder or just stand up let the blood flow.

That said The Fizik is a great saddle, great value at the lower end of the spectrum and has a surprisingly good residual value if you decide you hate it.

Although i have a San marco Reagle on my list of perches to try out!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

quinner

by quinner

Did you break in the Romin saddles? My experience is that they soften up a bit after some use.

I will only ride specialized saddles, others are torture.

quinner

by quinner

Oh and the ergon saddles for MTB too

quinner

by quinner

In fact Ergon saddles are for road too - does anyone use them for road use?

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

I ride them on road and mountain, but I work with Ergon. Do I count?