Look Keo Blade 2 2014

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

The carbon piece which engages the clip is worn and the tension is very slight on the side which I clip in and out at stops. Still undecided if I should get another pair given the price....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

I got my keo blade 2 (steel axle) used 6 months ago (16NM).
I totally agree with DrJeffers' review.
My old keos had no issues at all but the new blades have a much better feel due to their large platform and secure lock. I like them.

muntos

by muntos

So would you consider a worthy upgrade in terms of performance from Keo 2 Max to Keo 2 Blade ?

muntos

by muntos

Thanks, one more question, I weight around 80kg , the TI version has 90kg weight limit, does anyone with the TI version has a weight similar to mine :D ?

fogman

by fogman

I range in weight from 75-80 kg and use the Look Keo Blade 2 Ti version. No problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

VTBike

by VTBike

I never realized the 90kg weight limit. That must be new to the new Blade 2 ti version. The old one was 100kg. That being said, I weigh in exactly at 90kg with no clothes.. so I'm clearly over the limit on most days. No problems with the pedals (I do have the new Blade 2 Ti version).

kgt

by kgt

Just ride naked then, problem solved. :thumbup:

Ok, seriously, I would go for the CrMo version. Btw, why ti? At your 90kg the lighter pedals will not add anything performance wise.

VTBike

by VTBike

kgt wrote:Just ride naked then, problem solved. :thumbup:

Ok, seriously, I would go for the CrMo version. Btw, why ti? At your 90kg the lighter pedals will not add anything performance wise.

Wait, what? That's blasphemy. This site is weightweenies. Every gram counts, doesn't matter how much you weigh. That being said, no matter what one weighs, a lighter bike will be easier to get up a hill, right? A second is still a second.

kgt

by kgt

Every gram counts so 90kg count a lot!

muntos

by muntos

Don't judge people's climbing abilities only by their weight, I know a few guys around 90 kg that climb much better than well trained and below 75kg ones...;)

fignonsbarber

by fignonsbarber

Kayrehn wrote:The carbon piece which engages the clip is worn and the tension is very slight on the side which I clip in and out at stops. Still undecided if I should get another pair given the price....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You need to check the body of the pedal. I had that feeling twice with mine and both times, when I inspected the pedal body, found large cracks in them. apparently it happens quite often, and Look replaced them.

rasmusic

by rasmusic

Does anyone know if these axles also fit the Blade 2? They look very similar.

3Pio

by 3Pio

Method01 wrote:After 4000km, both my Blade 2 pedals have some play. I don't know what to do with my choice of new pedals for my new bike..

I came from Speedplay, wasn't bad but couldn't convince me. Shimano is a way too heavy and I've read too much horror stories about broken Time's..

5000 km on my Time Xpresso 10, no play, still spinning nice, and very light. The only problem i have is the cleats dont last too much. But i can see that last pair of cleats (i can ride them few more rides i guess), in this moment it have 2061 km.

Anyway just because that im curous i got Look Keo 2 Max Carbon, so i'll try them during the winter, so i can compare each other. Also i realized that cleats on Look are lighter, but pedals are heavier.