Look Keo Blade 2 2014

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Danza

by Danza

I only have a couple hundred miles on mine, but I think they seems harder to get out of than my previous Keo Carbons.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maquisard

by maquisard

Is anyone else seeing scuffing to the carbon springs from the occasions when you attempt to clip in on the wrong side of the pedals?

These are definitely not a pedal to use if you have to clip in and out frequentlyl!!!

gitsome

by gitsome

My Blades (original) dangle down and require some amount of toe-tipping to get them lined up for clip-in, how are the issies for the Blade 2 any different/worse? I am still unclear but it seems like lots of complaints - don't most single-sided pedals require some amount of careful turning or positioning of pedal face before clip-in? Are the Blade 2 really that much more work? Seems like if they hold their position should actually be easier to keep them properly n place for cli-in insteas of rotating face up as so man others ten to do...?
My wallet is the lightest thing on my bike.

maquisard

by maquisard

gitsome wrote:Are the Blade 2 really that much more work?

- Yes, noticeably so!

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Wanted to wait till the 20nm version comes along as I find the original 16nm blades quite easy to use (and seemingly losing a little tension through usage), now I might reconsider and get the 16nm without much waiting instead.

And again, I have to express my major disappointment at them taking half a year and more after unveiling the product to get the 20nm ones on the market...

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

maquisard wrote:Is anyone else seeing scuffing to the carbon springs from the occasions when you attempt to clip in on the wrong side of the pedals?

Once I get my hands on them, I intend to use raceshield protective film on the exposed blades so there's no chance of them getting marked or damaged. Perhaps you can explore that option.

MNX1024

by MNX1024

How's everyone's Blade 2 holding up now, any issue from the first generation coming up?

JayAy

by JayAy

About 500 miles on mine now, no problems with damage on the carbon blade form clip in failures - and I've stomped on the wrong side a few times now, usually after longer stops when I've knocked the pedal out of it's horizontal position. No noticeable changes in the way the pedals hang when unclipping i.e. they stay horizontal. No other problems apart form occasional squeaks.

tomyboy2

by tomyboy2

1.500km on Ti model.
Everything is OK, perfect. :up:
Only you have to get us to this rotation-position when you clip in & out.
Squeaks are problems with all the pedals.Easily cured with some grease on right places and you have silet pedals in a minute. :thumbup:

gitsome

by gitsome

Many collective fingers are crossed....
My wallet is the lightest thing on my bike.

Rick

by Rick

I have stomped a few strokes on the blade side of the pedal quite a few times now, and I don't see any damage or even any scratches. The blade seems to have a pretty tough clear-coat. YMMV

Svetty

by Svetty

My 16Nm ones are plenty stiff enough to get out of. The 20Nm ones must be almost impossible! :shock:
Still loving these pedals btw

tomyboy2

by tomyboy2

It feels my Blade II 12Nm have the same stiffness as my Blade I 16Nm. :noidea:

asdf123

by asdf123

Kayrehn wrote:Wanted to wait till the 20nm version comes along as I find the original 16nm blades quite easy to use (and seemingly losing a little tension through usage), now I might reconsider and get the 16nm without much waiting instead.

And again, I have to express my major disappointment at them taking half a year and more after unveiling the product to get the 20nm ones on the market...

Yes. The first generation 16Nm Blades seem to have lost a bit of tension over the 5kkm I've done on them.

I also had the issue with the 'not hanging like DA pedals' but after 3kkm my left pedal drops to position but the right one doesn't, haha :)

I also had the issue with hitting the oder side of the pedal with the cleat but it didn't make any damage that I couldn't live with.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rick

by Rick

I bought a Ti pair, so now I have a Ti and a CroMo. (See prior posts).

So, I mounted the Ti pair and went off on my first ride. About 80 miles into the ride, I stopped to get water and noticed that the outer spindle cover had popped off.
This doesn't affect function, it is just a cosmetic cover. So I was pissed, but kept riding. How could I possibly find such a tiny part over 80 miles of road ?

So, I rode the rest of the way home and started thinking I would have to make a warranty claim.
Then, after putting the bike away and relaxing I go out and am watering my lawn, I found the little cap on the sidewalk at the far end of my driveway !

It looks like it is just "press in" with nothing except a small amount of friction holding it. I think I better start looking for a source for these, because I suspect they will eventually pop out again.

OTHERWISE: The Ti work just like the CroMo. No problems other than the non-hanging; but that doesn't seem to bother me. I have developed a workable entry routine.