need help in selecting one of these bikes ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RAFIUDEEN

by RAFIUDEEN

HI,
my friend needs help for choosing
he is in splits between a time zxrs and colnago c59 and canyon ultimate cf slx with a outside look at cipollini rkb or rb1000

if anyone knows any detailed comparisons or reviews of time zxrs please share with me the link .
thanking you
regards
Rafiudeen

dvincere

by dvincere

Time has the best CF in the business. If I had the money for a dream bike the Time and the Look would top the shortlist of companies I'd look at.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RAFIUDEEN

by RAFIUDEEN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SALCBpG9y9Q&sns=em

This video has put me off the brand Time please kindly give suggestions

crossifino

by crossifino

I have just ordered a C59, italian made lugged frame if that helps...

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

RAFIUDEEN wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SALCBpG9y9Q&sns=em" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Utter BS. I bought an ex-demo VXR frame in 2007, which had the old type front mech bracket. It cracked after 9 months. Time warrantied it without question. I was able to upgrade the frame to a VXRS at the time. Sold the frame last week as I work for a manufacturer so am expected to ride what we sell. My gut instinct from 20+ years in the industry is that it was damaged in transit from the UK to Canada and failed as a result of that.

I have visited TIme's factory in France. It is breathtaking to see the attention to detail they lavish on their product. They also have a repair facility, allowing them to renovate crashed frames back to good as new.

mr_tim

by mr_tim

@ ultimobici - at worst they should call the frame in & inspect.

TIME don't know anything about where the damage occurred at the moment & are just coming across as a bad company atm by seemingly refusing to attempt to honour the warranty.

Its not 'utter BS'.

From someone 'in the industry', your response is rather off putting :(

sungod

by sungod

RAFIUDEEN wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SALCBpG9y9Q&sns=em" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

an unsubstantiated youtube rant has put you off time frames, but you're asking for opinions on an internet forum?

if someone were to post a video rant claiming the guy crashed the bike, there'd be exactly the same 'proof' for that claim as there is for his, i.e. none

i think the time zxrs looks lovely, especially the vip colour scheme, it's been reviewed in ride, you can buy a copy online...

http://au.zinio.com/www/browse/issue.js ... yId=&pss=1

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

mr_tim wrote:@ ultimobici - at worst they should call the frame in & inspect.

TIME don't know anything about where the damage occurred at the moment & are just coming across as a bad company atm by seemingly refusing to attempt to honour the warranty.

Its not 'utter BS'.

From someone 'in the industry', your response is rather off putting :(
I've watched the video several times. There are a few things that don't ring true.
    Having been a Time dealer in the past, I find it very unlikely they merely rejected his claim out of hand.
    The steerer looks awfully long for a frame that has been built up to ride.
    His description of what happened sounds unlikely
Time are particular in my experience about the way a product is returned to them. It has to go via the supply chain. In this case it would have had to go back to PBK in the UK. Contrary to his commentary PBK have been a Time agent all along. The distributor did change prior to the date of the video. So I wonder if that caused the issue. I wouldn't be surprised if the issue was PBK rather than Time. Under UK law his contract is with PBK plain & simple.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgreene

by kgreene

My Time Edge Racer developed a crack after years of training and racing on it. I sent it back to Time USA and they sent it to France. The process was excruciatingly slow, but Time came through in a big way and sent me an RX Instinct. I wish it had been faster, but I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome. Time is tops in my book.