Deda Superzero seatpost...losing weight?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

xjbaylor

by xjbaylor

I just received a new Deda SuperZero 27.2/335mm that I purchased from Ribble. I expected it to be over 200g, but I was surprised when it came in at "just" 182g. Breakdown of the weights is shown below. I will probably tune it for fun, though the custom steel cross bike it is going on probably won't see much benefit from said tuning. More to come if I do decide to tune it.

OwenJames

by OwenJames

You will shave a load more weight when you hack the excess off the bottom of the carbon tube once fit it correctly to your bike.

I have this seatpost in white, in a 54cm Evo frame, and cut loads off the bottom after I got my bike pro-fitted to me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xjbaylor

by xjbaylor

Yep, the seatpost will be installed on a "somewhat traditional geometry" steel frame, roughly 1.5 fistfulls of seatpost will be visible, so plenty will be trimmed off.

KWalker

by KWalker

You can lose a tad with the right yokes/bolts. I swapped mine out and cut it and it came in at 156 even (10g from bolts, another 11g from yokes as mine was 177 originally)
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

cerro

by cerro

KWalker: Which yokes did you use? Any good cradle options for it? Would suite my bike perfect and an alternative to Engage Revit

xjbaylor

by xjbaylor

Not sure what KWalker used, but POP M6 yokes would work, as well as KCNC or J&L yokes. 35mm M6 bolts with a standard head should work as well. I haven't really looked into cradle options. At one point someone used half of a steerer tube, but I personally wouldn't want to go that direction.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com