Cannondale Synapse 105 or BMC TeamMachine SLR02 105?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Davy1985

by Davy1985

Hello,

i don't know what to get myself! A little help please!

I do now ride a Cannondale CAAD8 Tiagra, it is my starting bike, so didn't want to spend a lot off money on it.
Now that i'm growing into cycling and loving it, i want to get me a serious bike.
My first look at the bikes was the weight of it, then the Stiffness and then the comfort.
I like Climbing and i like training at around 26km/h, but i do like cobbles (it's not that i go look for them, but if i see them, i will ride them).
The goal is to participate a teamride from Bardonnechia to Geraardsbergen in 8 days in 2014. So it ar smooth roads till Belgium, and a few cobble climbs in Belgium when we arrive. I think that a climb every training, and cobbles every once in a while, i think 5% of my trainings... So what would you reccomend me?

- BMC TeamMachine SLR02 105
- Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105

And what wheels? I was thinking about American classic Magnesium wheels because off the weight and price, + you don't need to replace standard rambrakes for carbon rim brakes constantly, don't need a high wheel neither in the mountain's.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

plpete

by plpete

I ride a BMC SLR01 so I guess you could say I'm biased. If you like climbing you will definitely like the BMC. It's a great climbing and descending bike. As far as riding cobbles go your wheel set selection will play a big role. I also have the original Made is USA CAAD8. With my cheaper neuvation wheels its a boneshaker of a stiff ride for me. When I put on my nicer DuraAce C24 wheels on I feel like I could ride a century on it.

Davy1985

by Davy1985

Well, i was looking into American Classic Magnesium Clincher's...