Eurobike 2013 - Official Anticipation Topic

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

So the ANT di2 connector is currently limited to broadcasting data on gearing and battery.

An interim step to wireless? Two harnesses: 1. front - shifters and computer (with battery) 2, rear - mechs, seatpost battery. All diagnostics from computer and wireless between the two. We had this back and forth years ago, and I know there are doubters, but it is a natural evolution and ANT chat between the two is a good foundation.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

uraqt

by uraqt

I agree, but not 100% why they are screwing around with interim steps. I think wired still might be the way to go if you can put the battery, transmitter receiver in the drive side chain stay, and then have short cables to each of the derailleurs. only one battery to charge is better, and then you can keep the derailleurs the same size or smaller. that ANT di2 connector looks big.

C

uraqt

by uraqt

If Garmin had the act together they would add shifting, gears and such to ANT + protocol now. That would help delaying the low power bluetooth take over.

C

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

I'm with you.

There was a lot of resistance here on WW about wireless, and perhaps some see the advantages to be limited. For me, it is the ultimate in a clean integrated package with no external wires.

seanblurr

by seanblurr

Finally got around to editing all my photos from this years Eurobike, here is a link to the full gallery
http://www.flickr.com/photos/45992542@N05/sets/72157635360240113/

Instagram @seanblurr

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Anyone uncover more details on the new SQLab Super6 all carbon saddle?
Dimensions, stack height, width options, rider weight?

airwise

by airwise

The evidence of Eurobike is that discs are coming.

Ryde were showing a prototype disc specific rim weighing in at 260g which is what I am looking forward to. The new Cannondale Synapse Hi Mod disc looked superb as did the Dogma hydro.

Other interesting bits and bobs were the THM Scapula F3 which I hadn't seen before and finally the arrival of the Conti GP400s 11 with Black Chili AND coloured sidewalls.

j_gantzer
in the industry

by j_gantzer

Who makes the Di2 ant+ thing?

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

My understanding is that it is made by Shimano. It is called the Data Fly and talks to the Shimano head unit.

XCProMD

by XCProMD

A small european company (not Tiso) was offering a biga Taiwanese company w/ a strong American branch a wireless shifting open platform concept. They're in talks now. We'll see.
ghisallo2003 wrote:So the ANT di2 connector is currently limited to broadcasting data on gearing and battery.

An interim step to wireless? Two harnesses: 1. front - shifters and computer (with battery) 2, rear - mechs, seatpost battery. All diagnostics from computer and wireless between the two. We had this back and forth years ago, and I know there are doubters, but it is a natural evolution and ANT chat between the two is a good foundation.

LouisN

by LouisN

The 2014 Canyon Ultimate AL, SLX version, in a new alloy, sheds 60g :) :

http://roadcyclinguk.com/gear/eurobike- ... range.html

Louis :)