2014 BMC SLR availability

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nickl

by nickl

Does anyone have any information about the 2014 SLR bikes & framesets? What will be offered, prices & dates etc?

The reviews make it sound pretty good.

I've seen some 2013 framesets at good prices. Has anyone got anything bad to say about them?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

plpete

by plpete

For 2014 there will be two flavors of SLR bikes. The newly introduced SLR01 that will have internal cable routing for both mechanical and electronic. Also, BMC will be adding an SLR02 that should be very similar to the SLR01 but will have external cable routing and probably slightly different carbon lay-up. With this move BMC will be discontinuing their RaceMachine line, probably. I believe the SLR02 will be offered in Ultegra Di2, Ultegra and 105 trims.

I ride the 2011 model and it's phenomenal. Love the ride and for me it's a perfectly balanced bike. Fits me well too. Something worth noting is that BMC is changing their sizing numbers a bit and going with 48, 51, 54, 56, 58 and 61cm. My 2011 is a 53cm with a 55cm top tube. The new 54cm frame size will also have a 55cm top tube.

Dimitri

by Dimitri

in Australia the DA bikes are said to be about a month away now. with that long again for SRAM bikes and frames.

no idea about SLR02 dates. there are a few more differences than what's been mentioned but still look like a very nice bike.

2013 SLRs are great, not the stiffest frame in the larger sizes, but this isn't an issue unless you're a sprinter. 2013 bikes are a different layup to 2012 etc and are sub 1000g even in the bigger sizes.

frame size numbering has changed but geometry hasn't. I think theyre using slightly longer axle to crown but with shorter head tubes, given reach and stack is identical. which is a good thing. the geometry is excellent.

bearsdidit
Shop Owner

by bearsdidit

2014 SLRs are not shipping in quantity until OCT/NOV. However, BMC USA got a small shipment of 10 in. I'm a huge fan of the 2013 and the 2014 offers a great ride. IMO, it was a little stiffer but a lot less compliant. I currently ride a 2013 SLR but will probably race a 2014 SLR02 due to cost. In fact, the 2014 SLR02 will offer a "better" frame than the 2013s at a fraction of the cost.

Regarding pricing, the 2014 SLR01 w/ 9000 will sell for 10K. I don't quite remember the other prices.